An International Bank in Hong Kong is Looking for a Risk Analyst to be part of the Finance Department!
Your new company
The company is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Your new role
Valuation Control team provide an independent valuation assessment across the entire spectrum of financial instruments, ranging from vanilla products to the most complex structured and derivative transactions.
This process involves the certification of models and their valuation methodologies, testing for adherence to such methodologies, evaluating internal valuation marks against external benchmarks, identification and resolution of valuation discrepancies, and communicating a valuation assessment to senior trading and Finance management.
The team is also involved in the continuous enhancements of the valuation control infrastructure with a view towards global and cross-product standardization.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake quarterly independent valuations of a global portfolio of financial assets (esp. private equity investments) using external data sources and internal models
- Present to and communicate with Business Units regularly to convey valuation results and discuss marking methodologies
- Review valuation models and assumptions
- Address the questions from internal and external auditors
- Enhance and streamline existing working processes
- Understand global financial markets, follow market movements and comprehend the impact on the portfolio and firm
What you'll need to succeed
- Completed degree in Economics, Finance or Business related discipline
- Good understanding of financial markets and products
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to develop strong internal client relationships
- Willingness to adapt to new challenges in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Strong analytical, quantitative skills and solid knowledge of Excel
What you'll get in return
- The chance to work in the Finance department of one of the world's top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into our business
- Work with and obtain in-depth knowledge of a wide range of financial products from plain vanilla products to the most exotic structured derivatives
- Engagement with the other offices globally, including New York, London, Hong Kong and Tokyo
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org