To assist the Head of Planning and Finance in achieving the objectives and functions of asset and liability management (“ALM”) for the Bank through planning, monitoring and execution of various ALM strategies and initiatives.
- Identify and analyze balance sheet risks (such as liquidity risk, interest rate risk and currency risk) and inefficiencies inherited in the Bank’s asset and liability structure;
- Formulate strategies in asset deployment, funding structure, product/portfolio allocation, and mismatch management to enhance the Bank’s overall profitability and/or mitigate structural risks;
- Develop the Fund Transfer Pricing Policy to ensure (a) proper transfer of interest rate risk and liquidity risk from frontline business units to dedicated unit (e.g. Treasury) for centralized management, and (b) proper reflection of funding cost and liquidity cost in product pricing;
- Provide secretarial support, including but not limited to preparation of meeting agenda and materials, facilitation of discussion and decision making in the Asset and Liability Committee (“ALCO”) meeting, and maintenance of proper documentation such as meeting minutes and follow-up actions for HKMA and Internal Audit’s review;
- Participate in the Pricing Committee meeting to influence product pricing decision and drive business units to fulfill the Bank’s asset and liability objectives.
- Degree holder in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or other quantitative discipline;
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience in banking or financial institutions. Prior ALM modelling experience would be an advantage ;
- CFA qualification is a plus;
- Proficient in MS Office applications;
- Self-starter with ability to meet deadlines, work independently, and being able to think outside the box;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a desire to pursue best practices in a challenging team environment;
- Proven analytical skills including forecasting, modelling, budgeting and etc;
- Good teamwork spirit and ability to build up and maintain excellent working relationships with different colleagues;
- Diligent, independent and strong sense of responsibilities;
- Proficient in written and spoken English and Chinese (including Mandarin).
Interested candidates please apply in full resume with earliest availability, contact number, current & expected salary to HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal data provided will be used for recruitment and related purposes, strictly in accordance with our Personal Data Policy for Applicants for Employment, a copy of which is available on request. Applicants who are not contacted within 6 weeks may consider your applications unsuccessful and the personal data collected will be destroyed after six months.