HKEX - Exchange Square Shift:
Standard - 40 Hours (Hong Kong SAR) Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40 Worker Type:
Permanent Job Summary: Job Duties:
• To lead a team of depository staff in performing routine operational tasks and handle exceptional cases in compliance with local and international regulations
• To manage overall exchange-traded products and to facilitate the launch of ETF products in both primary and secondary markets including offering documents and agreements
• To propose appropriate business working model, policy or operational flow for depository business
• To manage and support business projects such as providing user requirements for system changes on new services or products and updating relevant operational manual and rules when required
• To collaborate with internal departments, liaise with external business counterparts, relevant statutory bodies, market practitioners and participants in project execution
• To identify areas for improvement to existing operational processes, make appropriate proposals and implementation plan with proper internal controls in place
• To drive forward technology solutions to improve operational efficiency
• To implement and develop appropriate reports or processes for better risk management control over the operational processes
- University Degree, preferably in Finance / Business Administration / Economics or related disciplines
- At least 10 years' relevant working experience (e.g. back, middle and front office securities operations), of which at least 8 years at management level, in well-established financial organization
- Knowledge of clearing / settlement / nominees / custodial operations and ETF business in Hong Kong and overseas (preferably Mainland market) and familiar with the regulatory framework and related legislations
- Excellent communication and stakeholder's management skills; with demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels
- Self-Motivated and driven to make things better. A good team player and Independent thinker with self-confidence, proactiveness and self-reliant.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to understand the "big-picture" while rigorously paying attention to details. Willi ng to push for what you believe in
- Curiosity to look beyond face value, get to the bottom of "why" and to answer the "so what"
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese; proficiency in Putonghua an advantage
- Conversant with MS Word / Excel / Outlook / PowerPoint / Access / VBA
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEX) is one of the world's major exchange groups, and operates a range of equity, commodity, fixed income and currency markets. HKEX is the world's leading IPO market and as Hong Kong's only securities and derivatives exchange and sole operator of its clearing houses, it is uniquely placed to offer regional and international investors access to Asia's most vibrant markets.
As the global markets leader in the Asian time-zone, we offer a world of opportunities for early careers and experienced hires. Here, we know that diverse thinking fosters better solutions, and we are committed to building an open and dynamic environment which allows our business to innovate and our people to thrive.
Discover the latest career opportunities and programmes at HKEX.
HKEX is committed as an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is one of our core values and we look to support, respect diverse perspectives, abilities, culture and experiences within our workplace.