Vice President - Equities Investmetnt Products & Advisory Manager
DBS' Private Banking offers a one-stop, full-service touch-point for total banking requirements and provides the highest level of personalised banking. We have a team of dedicated, experienced investment advisors who identify opportunities in the various asset classes and employ the best strategies and product vehicles to cater to each client's needs. Coupled with partnerships within the DBS network and with global institutions, we strive to build long-term relationships with our Private Banking clients in Asia by providing them with high quality, timely and extensive wealth management, investment and financial solutions. Responsibilities -
- Provides professional advisory and marketing of equity-related services to HNW/UHNW clients through the Relationships Managers (RMs) and Investment Consultants (ICs) in order to increase the Bank's activities, market share and profitability
- Supports RMs review and monitor portfolios and to advise suitable investments products to maximize returns for Clients' portfolios
- Liaises closely with Central Dealing Unit to control execution of equity-related products (flow and non-flow structured products and derivatives)
- Product development and management: coordinates with the product providers to introduce new products to enhance our services
- Provides update on latest developments of equity markets and product innovation to the sales teams, meet Clients and present equity content at the weekly investment meetings
- Performs regulated activities, type 1 & 4 or 1, 4, 9 (as required) specified under the Securities and Futures Ordinance (SFO)
- Manages sales processes et complies with the registered capacity as well as any conditions imposed by the HKMA. This includes compliance with the applicable requirements of the Code of conduct for Persons Licensed by or Registered with the SFC
- To provide market intelligence, advice and recommend investment opportunities to frontline, with a focus on global developed markets (especially the US and Europe)
- Timely monitoring and updates on the performance of existing equity-related holdings to help RMs and ensure that their clients investment expectations and goals are on track.
- To meet Equity & Structure Products Desk financials objectives, and KPI's for the equity-related products of the Capital Markets PB/TPC team to maximize the returns of clients and profitability of the Bank.
- To control and improve investment processes, and ensure full compliance with the Bank's policy, standards, guidelines and procedures; and the code and ordinance laid down by the Government and the regulatory authorities, particularly those applicable to the course of selling.
- University degree, with preferred professional qualification in the Finance or Investment fields
- Must be registered RI [Regulated Activities: Type 1 & 4 or 1, 4 & 9 (as required)]
- 6-10 years or more in related field. Related experience should be in Equity markets or a similar position in an established Financial Institution with management experience.
- Good understanding of Wealth Management industry, and its regulatory requirement in Asia.
- Sound expertise of equity-related investment products
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with teamwork spirit
- Understand portfolio management, and ability to articulate ideas, or portfolio shift to fit with the bank's investment outlook.
- Well verse with standard platforms and analytical tools used i.e. Reuters, Bloomberg,
- Good spoken and written English, Cantonese, and Mandarin preferred