Vice President - Post Trade (Depository Services & Back Office Operations)
- Manage a team of Depository & Back Office staffs in performing operational tasks and exceptional cases in compliance with local and international regulations
- Lead operational and administrative support in overseeing Depository and Back Office operations, securities transfers, stock balancing and reconciliation in accordance with established rules, procedures and policies of the clearing houses
- Take full accountability for the service delivery relationship with our OTC clients / participants. Strong focuses in client service management, communication and delivery. Must be confident, articulate and able to represent HKEX in front of clients
- Ability to manage of client queries, drive resolution, data & reporting collation, delivery issues and tracking of progress. Focuses on accountability, action and outcomes to ensure solutions meet client needs while aligning business deliverables to the Company's strategic planning
- Strategically focused. Capable for improving workflow by supporting and enabling our business transformation and enhancement. Ability to redefine our operating model, policy and operational flow for Depository and Back Office operations.
- Excellent entrepreneurial / continuous improvement mindset to keep identifying areas for improvement to existing operational processes, make appropriate proposals and implementation plan with proper internal controls in place.
- Drive forward technology solutions to improve operational efficiency. Manage business projects by providing user requirements for system changes on new services or products and updating relevant operational manual and rules when required
- Strong risk management and awareness. Demonstrate a deep understanding of the regulatory environment surrounding CCASS Operations in Depository Services
- University Degree, preferably in Finance / Business Administration / Economics or related disciplines
- At least 8-10 years' relevant working experience of which at least 6 years at managerial level, in well-established financial organization
- Familiar with Custody environment and be fully conversant with CCASS operations rules, regulatory framework / requirements with HKMA and SFC and also, Audit / Risk Management guidelines pertaining to the operations.
- Strong leadership and people management experiences, responsible for staff development by providing guidance, direction and feedback regularly. Actively supports training and career development activities
- Effective communication and stakeholder's management skills; with demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to think broadly on complex issues and capable to identify feasible solutions. Proactively reaching out to the relevant teams to resolve issues.
- Have great maturity level and flexibility in facing both internal and external challenges or changing business environment
- Self-Motivated, driven and good entrepreneurial mindset to make things better. Resourceful, proactive and able to prioritize and navigate in a fast-paced team oriented environment.
- Confident, proactive, flexible, self-reliant and good team player. An Independent thinker with willingness to push for what you believe in
- Strong analytical, planning and problem solving skills; ability to understand the "big-picture" while rigorously paying attention to details.
- Excellent presentation and written/spoken English and Chinese; proficiency in Putonghua will be an advantage
- Conversant with MS Word / Excel / Outlook / PowerPoint / Access / VBA
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.