HKEX - Exchange Square Shift:
Standard - 40 Hours (Hong Kong SAR) Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40 Worker Type:
Permanent Job Summary:
The Post Trade Services department is tasked to further develop the post trade services of HKEX and its group subsidiaries. It covers areas of clearing, settlement, custody, financial infrastructure messaging standards and value added services like collateral management and securities lending. The department aims to deliver client-focused post trade solutions through partnership and innovation. Job Duties:
The successful applicant will join the Post Trade Services Department within FIC Product Development of the Markets division, and will be responsible for developing new product initiatives, executing the strategic plan of the Post Trade Services department and to own each newly developed product with all its aspects. In your role as Product-Management-Officer, a good blend of business and technical expertise is required. Responsibilities:
- Conduct market research based on management request
- Define business requirements for business solutions based on market research and directly in collaboration with customers, sales and operations
- Define and coordinate projects and ensure follow up with IT and operations department for service delivery, based on strong interaction and establishment of a strong network
- Interface with the various internal stakeholders including legal, tax, credit, risk, compliance, accounting and billing for any changes, enhancement or development of new services and conclude service level agreements
- Organise effective subject matter expert stakeholder meetings in structured way to focus participant's attention and achieve meeting target
- Work with internal stakeholders to manage relevant rules and procedures changes; draft proposals and documents to obtain internal and regulatory approval before service rollout
- Support the sales and operations teams
- Ensure in-depth understanding of the risks & regulations affecting HKEX Post Trade businesses. Ensure an appropriate risk and return balance. Assess the impacts and opportunities of regulations on HKEX Post Trade products
- Active participation to industry working groups, represent and present to clients, internal and external working groups on HKEX Post Trade Services. Develop a network of customer & industry contacts
- Share know-how and have open-mind set for on-the-job training approach
- A Bachelor's degree (ideally in finance or business administration); Master degree is an advantage
- At least 10 years' relevant industry experience
- Strong business analysis skills
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable project planning and management skills proven in a multicultural/multinational environment
- Be able to work independently and target oriented on the back of clear requirement framework
- Be familiar with standard financial messaging formats, e.g. swift messages
- Be stress resistant and able to work on tight deadlines
- Good and audience-tailored communication skills
- Good problem solving and integrated thinking skills
- Experience in execution and go-to-market practices
- Familiarity with securities and cash settlement infrastructures, fixed income and Repo/money markets in APAC region, especially Hong Kong and China
- Experience in Post-trade, Settlement and Custody in APAC region, especially Hong Kong and China
- Familiarity to work and communicate with regulators
- Experience working with JIRA, confluence, Powerpoint, Word and Excel. VBA and SQL a plus.
- Highly motivated, flexible and able to work across different products
- Strong interest and versatility in new technologies
- Fluent in Mandarin and English, both written and verbal
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEX) is one of the world's major exchange groups, and operates a range of equity, commodity, fixed income and currency markets. HKEX is the world's leading IPO market and as Hong Kong's only securities and derivatives exchange and sole operator of its clearing houses, it is uniquely placed to offer regional and international investors access to Asia's most vibrant markets.
As the global markets leader in the Asian time-zone, we offer a world of opportunities for early careers and experienced hires. Here, we know that diverse thinking fosters better solutions, and we are committed to building an open and dynamic environment which allows our business to innovate and our people to thrive.
Discover the latest career opportunities and programmes at HKEX.
HKEX is committed as an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is one of our core values and we look to support, respect diverse perspectives, abilities, culture and experiences within our workplace.