- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Sep 17
Vice President - Senior Analyst, Project & Infrastructure Finance
Location: Hong KongYour Responsibilities:
As a senior analyst, you will provide lead coverage of a ratings portfolio for Moody's utility and infrastructure franchise in Greater China. As lead analyst, you will conduct high quality quantitative and qualitative analysis to assess the credit quality of a variety of entities and debt instruments and conduct ongoing monitoring to support rating accuracy. You will effectively manage internal and external relationships at very senior levels, and will write comprehensive and thought provoking research on individual companies and the sector. In addition, you may be involved in developing and executing research and outreach initiatives throughout the region.
Responsibilities and Desired Experience:
• Serve as lead analyst for portfolio of utilities and infrastructure companies in Greater China, with the power and transport infrastructure sectors representing a large portion of the portfolio
• Conduct credit research, including analysis of quantitative and qualitative data, development of financial forecasts, review of key governing agreements and documents, and assessment of credit quality in manner consistent with Moody's rating methodologies.
• You will possess a strong understanding of the utility sector, with knowledge of project finance and infrastructure sectors in Asia highly desired.
• As lead analyst, you will present credits effectively and comprehensively in rating committees and other internal analytical meetings, and will provide a knowledgeable perspective to other analysts throughout the credit process.
Research & Outreach
• Author compelling company specific and sector related research, including credit reports, special comments and industry outlooks; ability to balance research and outreach responsibilities with daily demands of transaction and surveillance activity.
• Effectively develop and manage high profile relationships with senior utility and infrastructure executives, investors, intermediaries and press/media; broad existing contacts in this area will be highly advantageous.
• Present at conferences, attend industry events, and participate in key stakeholder meetings to help raise the visibility and leadership of Moody's franchise in this sector throughout the region.
• Participate in key strategic projects to support team effectiveness and success in the region.
• Ability to form constructive working relationships with diverse staff located throughout region.
• Help provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to junior staff in Hong Kong.
Public Project & Infrastructure Finance ( PPIF)
• Graduate in finance, banking, economics or related discipline with postgraduate qualifications strongly desired.
• A minimum of 12years of relevant analytical /research experience preferably with a financial institution in a credit role/ equity research role.
• Strong quantitative aptitude and demonstrated analytical ability, including advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
• Previous experience writing research in either an equity or credit market context would be advantageous.
• Articulate and succinct communication skills both verbally and in writing with extensive public speaking experience ideal.
• Strong organizational skills with sound judgment.
• Mature and balanced personality with ability to manage high level and often complex client relationships.
• Fluency in English and Mandarin (oral and written) necessary.
• Comfort working in a highly collaborative, learning environment
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.