We're home to Asia's most dynamic and vibrant capital markets.
Connecting capital, ideas, inspiration and innovation for deeper, more diverse and liquid global capital markets; providing greater choice and opportunity for our customers, each and every day.
HKEX is a purpose-driven company. Our commitment to the long-term development of our business and our markets is articulated in our purpose: "To Connect, Promote and Progress our Markets and the Communities they support for the prosperity of all." Job Summary:
HKEX Treasury is responsible for prudently managing and investing the financial resources of the Group, and to maximize the net investment income for the Group. Treasury proactively manages daily cashflows of the Group, ensuring sufficient liquidity to meet all cash flow and payment obligations and regulatory requirements. Through its investment activities, Treasury ensures that liquidity risk, credit risk, market risk and all other associated risk types are within the Group's approved risk appetite. Treasury also manages the external banking relationships of the Group and day-to-day Treasury settlement operations. In Group strategic initiatives and business projects, Treasury is actively involved to ensure cashflow and liquidity is optimized, and applicable funds are invested prudently. Job Duties:
The VP will support the Group Treasurer in strategic initiatives and business projects. They will actively engage in these projects and drive the deliverables owned by Treasury. The VP will collaborate with key project and internal stakeholders and coordinate accordingly with the rest of the Treasury team. Responsibilities:
- Lead, plan, direct and oversee Treasury's role in relation to business projects involving onshore China markets.
- Setting up Treasury investment capabilities in the China onshore markets for FX, Rates and Fixed Income
- You will be responsible for front-to-back, including setting up and onboarding counterparty relationships with onshore banks, KYC and onshore bank account opening, Bond Connect capability.
- You will be responsible for settlement, internal Treasury system setup and configurations, risk capture and monitoring.
- University degree holder in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Risk Management or related subjects
- Minimum 10 years' experience in Treasury and financial markets front office and back office
- Track record and experience in setting up Treasury product capability end-to-end, from deal capture, processing to settlement and ledger entries for banks or hedge funds
- Knowledge and experience in FX, Rates and Fixed Income products, in particular China onshore markets
- Knowledge of Treasury systems - experience with FIS Quantum system will be an advantage.
- Familiar with settlement systems and common industry infrastructure such as - SWIFT, RTGS, CMT, CMU, CFETS.
- Have a wide professional network with counterparty banks in Hong Kong and China
- Excellent managerial, analytical, strategic thinking, networking, interpersonal and communication skills, strong risk awareness, pro-active, attentive to details, a good team player, able to work independently and meet tight deadlines
- Strong command of written and spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin
HKEX is committed as an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is one of our core values and we look to support, respect diverse perspectives, abilities, culture and experiences within our workplace. Location:
HKEX - Exchange Square Shift:
Standard - 40 Hours (Hong Kong SAR) Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40 Worker Type: