Description About this role About the business unit
The APAC Marketing team in BlackRock sets the strategic direction and implements marketing plans for client business in Asia Pacific. It is the responsibility of this team to raise brand awareness and drive preference of our investment capabilities, including analyzing the return on investment to inform and evolve future activities. About the role
BlackRock is seeking a motivated and experienced marketing leader in Hong Kong to join our Asia Pacific marketing team. This role is a leadership role within the Asia marketing team. The individual will lead the Hong Kong channel marketing team and drive BlackRock marketing and client communications activities for our wealth, insurance and official institutions clients. The role will report to the Head of Marketing for Asia. Overview of Responsibility
- Design and drive strategic marketing plans that drive our Wealth and Institutional business growth to deliver upon BlackRock's financial objectives.
- Collaborate closely with regional marketing teams (from digital, events, content and iShares etc.) and partner with investment teams, product strategists, client business teams, APAC Corporate Communications and Compliance to implement marketing solutions.
- Develop and drive the content and digital strategy for the BlackRock Hong Kong website, LinkedIn and YouTube channels, including all related digital marketing activities that drive traffic to these channels. Partner closely with the APAC digital marketing team to understand and use metrics to analyse content effectiveness and success, use data and insights to actively adjust approach as necessary to optimise impact.
- Lead and review the existing suite of fund marketing materials. This includes developing new marketing materials for fund launches and representing marketing in new business projects.
- Partner with regional marketers on strategic marketing campaigns and events. You will lead in crafting the campaign's content messaging and strategy, campaign materials, and activation strategies to successfully deliver product materials to the intended target audience.
- Lead all BlackRock client events (in-person and virtual) to showcase BlackRock's thought leadership across our platform and investment capabilities.
- Be the brand ambassador to drive marketing strategy and brand awareness, raise familiarity and preference with our clients.
- Own the client marketing budget for Hong Kong. Proficient in forecasting and expense management.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with Marketing colleagues and client business teams across geographies and channels to ensure our content reaches the relevant personas across all client segments.
- Ensure all marketing initiatives are compliant and implemented within BlackRock guidelines, controls and processes; ensuring risks are identified and resolved.
- At least 10 years of experience with proven experience working in financial services, preferably in asset management, banking or wealth management
- Excellent communication skills in English and Cantonese - both written and verbal. You are able to write, edit, and proofread copy across a number of marketing channels.
- Strong understanding of the investment management industry including investment products, client segments and the competitor landscape.
- Creative thinker. You thrive on delivering messages in an innovative and engaging manner and you are able to maintain creativity in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem solver with strong quantitative and analytical skills. You are intellectually curious with good critical thinking skills.
- Experienced people manager. You are passionate about developing and raising talent.
- Adept at influencing without explicit authority and working effectively across numerous teams in a large organization.
- Driven, organized and self-motivated individual. You are upbeat, meticulous, committed to excellence and have superb time management skills.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to move projects forward amidst ambiguity, effectively integrating input while maintaining project schedules.
- Collaborate credibly across the firm locally, regionally and globally to craft marketing solutions and resolve issues.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to partner with multiple and determined stakeholders and build positive relationships across the firm.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.