See job description for details
Risk Management Group (RMG) is responsible for the development and maintenance of risk management and internal control frameworks. We provide independent review and challenge to business to ensure that appropriate balance is considered in risk/return decisions. In addition, RMG is responsible for the monitoring and reporting on key risk issues of the Bank. To manage risk effectively and deliver strong financial performance, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure. Responsibilities:
- Partner with the BUs/SUs to implement and maintain the Operational Risk Management policies, standards, processes and tools to ensure safe and sound operating environment.
- Ensure timely completion of quality RCSA by the BU/SUs including appropriate action plans to address identified control gaps
- Provide operational risk assessment on local NPAs and outsourcing activities and keep the manager updated prior to sign off.
- Follow up on timely completion of PIRs.
- Escalate on timely basis significant risk issues to business management and manager for taking appropriate remedial actions.
- Ensure issues/action plans arising from RCSAs, risk events, KRIs, regulatory inspections or other inspections or other risk issues are properly followed up.
- Track new risk events and extended / overdue action plans to ensure appropriate justifications and approvals are obtained.
- Provide advisory and counseling support to BU/SUs on operational issues/matters and drive process reviews/deep dives in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Perform risk monitoring of related business activities and compiling analyses of operational risk data and preparing the necessary reports to management.
- Drive the escalation and discussion of significant issues at the Hong Kong Operational Risk Committee and the Risk Executive Committee.
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in financial institution with at least 3 years working in risk management/control functions
- Degree holder (or equivalent) in Finance or business related discipline.
- Analytical ability in risk assessment and identification of mitigation controls.
- Sound knowledge of regulatory/statutory requirements.
- Experience in at least one banking segment (e.g. Consumer Banking, Wealth Management, Institutional Banking, Treasury & Markets, Securities) with related in-depth product knowledge.
- Product knowledge in Transaction Services, Trade Finance, Cash Management and Custody experience is preferred
- Strong persuasive power in putting ideas across and ability to communicate with people of different levels.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.