Wealth Investment Operations Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
Awareness and understanding of the Group's / Country's business strategy and operation model especially on Wealth Management. Business
Take personal responsibility for understanding the operation model and to execute as per the agreed timeframe. Processes
Responsible for executing and supervising the WM operations processes. People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
The ability to interpret the WM operation process, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures. Governance
Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the team to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes and reaching out counterparties for proposal. Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Wealth Investment Operation Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Distribution Network, Wealth Management, Compliance, BORM, Conduct Team. Other Responsibilities
- Support implementation of new projects and FileNet aim at achieving faster TAT for some selected major activities.
- Participate workshop and system; UAT for WM products.
- To adhere to the agreed KCSA/CST plans and approach.
- To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls.
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: University graduated
- Languages: English, Chinese
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.