We have been instructed on an exclusive search with one of the global leading investment banks who’s keen to hire senior credit risk professional focusing on wealth management business.
- Analysis of risk across the spectrum of private banking products (cash, derivatives) and securities – fixed income, equities, (hedge) funds, etc) from transactional approval to counterparty portfolio assessment
- Work closely with the front office’s Lending team and Relationship Managers, and support the growth of WM’s lending book
- Portfolio coverage shall be focusing on large and complex structure as well as club deals crossed with Corporate & Investment Banking Division or syndicated banks.
- Transparent communication of decision making incl. risk analysis, approval condition
- Analyze global, regional and local market events and their impact on the portfolio of counter parties managed
- Liaise with clients, interface directly with front office staff across the WM business division on credit approvals, credit requirements and relationship matters
- Follow up on trade execution. Ensure trades are properly booked / recorded / monitored, credit terms are incorporated in confirmations / underlying documentation is properly completed
- Daily monitoring of credit portfolio status to ensure that appropriate portfolio quality and any risk concentrations and risk limits do not exceed defined risk appetites and are compliant with risk policies and regulations.
- Ensuring global risk reporting systems contain timely and accurate information
- Support the team in system implementation and in provision of credit data for internal/external audit review
- Support any adhoc projects assigned on a regional or global level.
Skills and experience:
- At least 6 years relevant experience in credit analysis in major International Financial Institutions
- Solid experience in covering Wealth Management structured credit transactions, preferably with knowledge in financial analysis for corporates and dealing with corporate finance transactions
- Good grasp of risk dynamics of financial products and derivatives (Forex, Swaps, Options, and Strategies) in respect of key Private Banking activities
- Regional counterparty experience preferred
- Familiar with regional/international financial markets and legal & regulatory issues relating to cross border lending transactions
- Familiar with legal documentation and risk issues, including ISDAs, netting, and credit mitigating features