Responsible for the development of the strategic platform for Credit and small enhancements to existing systems. Working directly with Hong Kong trading team, working with global/regional teams in London/New York/Tokyo and Shanghai. This role involves strong Java development and object oriented skills, coupled with a good knowledge of distributed architectures and service-oriented design, and a proven ability to turn high level specification into high quality solutions in tight deadlines and with the application of strong agile principles.
- Interpret written requirements and specifications of pending projects.
- Expected to be responsible for the high level software design and lead the programming
- Will interface with user and clients
- Other duties required of you from time to time by your supervisor(s) and management
Technical Skills / Experience
- Expert/strong in Java, Python Working knowledge of Java server-side(Linux) - REST, multi-threading, demonstrable experience Object Oriented design and development Messaging technologies such as Solace/Tibco/EMS
- Strong test-driven mentality and practice.
- Agile Processes & Practices. Eg: test-driven Real time front-office trading system knowledge UI Development: HTML5 Design Patterns
- Domain Knowledge of the Financial Services Industry, knowledge with the Credit Financing business and of Fixed Income business, ideally Credit & Credit Financing Experience of full project lifecycle (requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, version control)
- Rich experience of Credit Financing Qualifications Extra Notes:
- Be confident enough to work from limited verbal specifications.
- Good interpersonal skills are required as the candidate must have the ability communicate directly with the business effectively to ensure that projects meet their requirements
- IT Architecture principles and practices, provide quality assurance and testing, software application development
- Gather business requirements and provide analysis, project management
- Planning, organising & resource management capability
- Resource allocation & management in achieving goals
- Able to collaborate, Leadership Skills, effective Listening & communication skills with critical and analytical thinking skills in decision-making
If you are interested in this position or would like to explore other opportunities within enterprise information technology, please send your detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +852 6088 5586 for a confidential discussion.
BAH Partners is a top supplier of the best finance technology talent for most of Hong Kong's top-tier financial institutions.