Our client is an Asia-headquartered financial services group across 30 countries, with three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). They are looking for top-level talent to fill the role of senior program/ project manager in Global Markets IT.
They are looking for top-level talent to fill the role of senior program/ project manager in Global Markets IT.
The position will initial focus on leading deliveries for the Equity Products
business with focus on APAC region. The position involves working closely with the global/regional BA, PM, IT, QA teams delivering front-office solutions.
You will need to have strong problem-solving abilities and a keen interest in the equity business. The successful candidate will be a proactive team player with a drive for success and a discipline to meet tight deadlines under pressure.
- Oversee the delivery of the portfolio of critical projects for Global Markets Equity Products IT
- Build relationships with senior stakeholders and project teams
- Lead risk-driven delivery with a strong focus high quality, efficient delivery
- Develop project plans and track progress with a heavy emphasis on RAID-focused management
- Coordinate project resources and manage relationships with project peers
- Lead mitigation of key risks including timely escalation of issues to management and stakeholders
- Where required, coordinating System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing for software releases
- Co-ordinate governance and project meetings, produce minutes and report on status across the work streams where required
- Gather business requirements by working closely with various business users – trading, operations, finance, risk & back-office technology.
- Documenting these requirements and working with the development team to implement them.
- Work with development teams (largely located in other regions)
- Strong negotiator, with excellent communication skills and stakeholder management abilities
- Ability to influence key decision-makers, peer groups and functions outside direct control, excel in a structured but complex working environment and possess clear presentation skills to deliver programme status providing transparency to sponsors and stakeholders
- Strong analysis and presentation skills, an excellent understanding of Project Management concepts and an ability to champion and challenge these processes.
- Extensive experience within Global Markets IT delivery
- Strong experience within the Agile and IT Project Life Cycle is essential
- Business analysis and documentation skills an advantage
- Ability to examine project needs, business needs, and provide improvements on them
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Fluent written and spoken English is mandatory
- Skilled in using MS Office Tools – PowerPoint, Visio, Word and Excel
- Strong performer who is comfortable taking the lead
- Exposure to different IT areas, engage with different people
- Capable of handling multiple projects
- Right attitude to move thanks around
- Perseverance, influential and persuasive
Four stages interview:
- Transformation Lead
- Hiring Manager
- BA Leads
- Head of markets
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org