Senior Credit Manager/Deputy CLM Head
The Credit Risk Senior Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Effectively leads multiple policy change implementation projects while providing end to end support within the Risk Management Organization
- Establishes operating policies and procedures relating to credit approval and verification, dealer/merchant authorization, collections, risk mitigation, repossession/foreclosure management and fraud.
- Develops post implementation validation for Credit Implementations
- Develops Test plan to ensure that testing validates intent of business policy change
- Validates results on all Credit Changes for Risk Governance Reporting
- Performs reporting and data analysis for Risk Issues Management Team
- Runs quarterly analysis on Credit Operations Performance for Risk Governance Assessments
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years relevant experience
- Thorough knowledge of the credit lifecycle and interdependencies a plus
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Key Responsibilities:
- Manage the top and complex new and existing transactions/portfolio
- Build close professional relations with other divisions in the organization
- Mentor and manage as delegated CLM team and Sales team and any relevant teams to support the quality improvement and timeliness of credit process
- Responsible for setting a good example, training and coaching of staff and interns
- Own and lead the end-to-end credit process, take full risk management responsibility for the assigned/designated portfolio. Plan about every next step to be taken in credit process of portfolio/pipeline assigned to meet the client's time expectations.
- Ensure that leadership tasks are executed in accordance with Citi policies and procedures, complying with statutory regulations and laws (e.g. recruitment, work orders, managing performance, etc.)
- Take responsibility for stepping in to manage the workload with other team members and other teams, helping the works when the pipeline gets de-balanced due to ad-hoc requests
- Complete all tasks in connection with the organization's activity but not detailed in the current job description, charged by the direct/indirect manager, supervisor, or the functional head.
- Responsible for meeting the targets at performance scorecards of CLM
- Responsible for executing periodic portfolio reviews as the owner of the task, driving conclusions with the team and follow-up the timeliness of action plans decided
- Deep knowledge, periodic analysis, specialization and mentoring on Target Market industries
- Executes periodic Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) reviews
- Responsible for ad-hoc projects, such as but not limited to regulatory mandates to improve process or data quality, that are assigned to the CLM team by Regional or Global office
- Bringing human resources to assure the high skill and leadership standards needed within the team Details:
- Execution of all relevant Credit Policies, Programs and Procedures for the credit process.
- Management of periodical/new credit risk review of existing, prospect individual clients or group of companies
- Assume full responsibility and leadership of parties involved in the credit process, for timely completion of tasks related to the assigned portfolio/pipeline.
- Visiting the client premises in person periodically -minimum as required by procedures- to meet the management and to well understand the activity, production phases -if the case- to be facilitated in risk analysis
- Decision making considering all components of credit assessment, including but not limited to client risk ratings, management assessment, match of the credit product types, tenors and loan amounts to the purpose of the loan, collateral types and evaluations, special conditions, covenants, financial analysis
- Perform as reviewer/approver/checker of Credit Applications prepared by CLM team, also perform as second reviewer/approver/checker of the Credit Applications according to his/her designation approval authority
- When needed as per procedures, preparation for Greenlight Meetings and with Sales Team and presenting the cases
- Continuous assurance of health and appropriateness of the credit clients' risk profile. Identification of any risk issues regarding the assigned/designated portfolio/pipeline timely. Deciding and planning all the necessary actions needed in cases where deterioration is expected
- Early Warning, Risk Management activities to take the right actions timely to ensure a healthy risk profile, including classification decisions and credit strategy
- Follow the daily local/international market updates and news, follow daily/periodical internal reports and relate them with assigned/designated credit portfolio/pipeline of himself/herself and other team members, when needed, to better analyse and take actions when needed. Maintain necessary controls on daily basis for a healthy portfolio
- Responsible for assuring a healthy remedial strategy for criticized or classified (close monitoring) portfolio, collaborating with the Remedial Team when needed
- Fully responsible for cost of credit
- Preparing and leading ad-hoc analytical tasks (i.e. portfolio review purposes, stress tests)
- Responsible for on time completion of annual reviews, quarterly credit reviews,, any ad-hoc reviews of existing customers (timely maintenance of maturing credit lines)
- Responsible for targets regarding end-to-end credit process cycle time and number of credit packages that needs to be processed -targets given by Global Office and Local Management-. Responsible to understand the urgencies and deadlines and comply with the timing plans agreed with the client. Should set the priority of work-load together with the relevant departments pro-actively and transparently
- Follow the market practice, initiate and align necessary changes in risk process, procedures and initiate actions for development in relevant areas. Responsible for updates and improvements of credit policy, process, credit tools and procedures
- Maintain credit related data consistency for the portfolio assigned to him/her and other team members when needed, by daily usage of reports, credit tools, etc
- Responsible for getting satisfactory ratings in internal and external audits (Peer Reviews, Post Loan Reviews and Fundamental Credit Reviews, Internal Audits, Central Bank of Europe Audits etc) by ensuring the quality of packages prepared by him/her and under his/her oversight.
- Demonstrate/present own ideas to build awareness and credibility in the organisation and obtain and promote his/her credit approval authority in connection with visible success
- Complete all tasks -connected to the Bank's activity but not detailed in the JDs - charged by the Local or Global management and Superiors, with no delays
Knowledge and Experience
- Building top notch client experience in terms of time management of credit process
- Being familiar with other divisions of the bank, taking part in professional trainings, obtaining deep market knowledge through customer visits, market researches, coaching his/her team and getting coaching from senior management through daily connection.
- Minimum 13-15 years of experience in banking or other financial services as Credit Manager and/or Risk Manager
- Experience as a member or attendant of Credit Committees and Board Meetings
- Experience in countries outside of Hungary as expat or under relocation programs, as well as solid experience in Hungary
- Experience in ECB policy compliance
- Great knowledge of credit disciplines, loan products, risk management and, local regulations, risk policies
- Great knowledge of local and IFRS accounting and its practical application in the credit underwriting process
- Broad based experience in structuring bilateral credit agreements and complex credit agreements including complex credit products
- Strong understanding of Commercial Banking Business and Market
- Highly effective leadership skills
- Exceptional negotiation skills, use of appropriate interpersonal and communication skills to gain support for ideas, plans or actions
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to read and interpret company financial statements, cash flow, industry and competitive analysis
- Attention to detail
- Excellent planning skills; able to get his/her tasks to complete assignments in a timely manner, aligned to scorecards
- Written Communications: writes clearly and succinctly; can get messages across that have the desired effect
- Process Management: understands how to separate and combine tasks in to efficient work flow; can see opportunities for synergy and integration; can simplify complex processes
- College or University degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Advanced written and spoken English
- Good PC use
- Adaptive, supportive, positive
- Unquestionable integrity and high moral standards
- Ethics & Values: Demonstrates ethics, integrity and sound judgment in all decisions and actions, and escalates ethics issues as required
- Ability to set priorities and work under pressure in an environment that is productivity driven
- Sense of materiality/immateriality of the tasks to see the big picture and to devote and plan correct timing for each task
- Be positive to absorb responsibilities as a way of development. Be curious to learn more about the organization and colleagues' strengths to benefit from it
- Resourceful to solve problems and overcome obstacles. Able to get the right support from right source at right time, once needed
- Able to represent the image of the employer corporation when confronting the clients through being well prepared for meetings/calls and asking well thought, sensible questions
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HU ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .