Senior Software Engineer
Job Description The Role
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries.
Moody's Investors Service is among the world's most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor.
At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
- Brainstorm, design and develop an enterprise software product.
- Design and implement re-usable software components.
- Ensure the product is highly configurable and extensible.
- Work collaboratively with a core team of architects and developers spread across different locations.
- Get involved in full-stack development.
- Perform gap analysis and provide business solutions.
- Work with a variety of client and server-side frameworks - open source and home grown. Rapidly prototype new products and see through implementation.
- Part of the innovation team experience both heads down coding time as well as active participation product design.
- Research and build POCs using available frameworks to ensure feasibility.
Perform gap analysis and provide business solutions
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science is preferred. However other fields like information systems, electrical or STEM will be considered.
- Strong object oriented design and programming skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Visual C++ programming language
- Working experience with Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC)
- Solid programming skill in C++ Standard Template Library (STL) with automated unit testing
- Windows service and IIS development
- Good understanding of Database Design and Modeling principles
- Excellent at Sybase Transact-SQL and ANSI SQL
- Great at Stored Procedure development
- Must be able to analyze query plan and have performance tuning skills
- Web service development in SOAP and REST
- Hands on Experience with Java, Python a plus
- Experience on Enterprise BPM solutions like Pega
- Experience developing web services and frontend like Angular,React
- Experience with Dev Ops is a plus
- Strong debugging, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.