Implementation Consulting Specialist
The Product Consultant role is one of the most important roles in any client implementation. In the initial phase of an implementation (BPM), they work with various stakeholders on the client side, to define the target state operational process, based on which they then design and implement the most optimal product configuration. They also assist in finalizing scope, identifying gaps, defining client requirements for these gaps as well as assisting the client in definition of their test suites & acceptance criteria. Product Consultants are also very heavily involved in the later phases of UAT acceptance testing ensuring all client issues are turned around in time and addressed with satisfaction so as to get them live within the defined timeframe.
Duties & accountabilities
- Actively contribute in client engagements for business process mapping and requirement workshops.
- Work with the client to define the most optimal future state operational process and related product configuration.
- Manage scope by providing innovative solutions and challenging all new client requirements and change requests but simultaneously ensuring that client gets the required business value.
- Assists in creating documents for all the Business process mapping deliverables - Models, Output report, Processes and Configuration set.
- Elaborate and deliver clearly defined requirement documents without subsequent change requests.
- Work closely with product design & development team to analyse and design functional enhancements.
- Provide onsite product consultancy and assist the client with acceptance criteria gathering and support throughout the project life-cycle
- Conduct analysis to determine best path for solving business problems/opportunities that may include process improvement, systems enhancement or user training.
- Functions as a liaison to Business and IT internally and externally in order to communicate a clear understanding of the business requirements and solution.
- Mapping & documentation of client business processes against IM products - gathering the 'as is' operational information & creating the 'to be' business processes.
- Ability to build & maintain strong relationships with all internal & external client stakeholders.
- Ability to elicit requirements, identify solutions & complete requirement documentation.
- Ability to define intelligent solutions and clearly manage client expectations
- Ability to take ownership of a client from initiation to go live, through business process mapping, requirements analysis, UAT, go live support.
- Understands the underlying business, implementation & product usage of assigned client/s.
- Delivery focused with good time management and personal organisational skills.
- Shares business knowledge with all members of the implementation team, and the wider organization when required.
- Provides assistance and business expertise to the Support Team and the QA Team in verifying client reported issues and internally raised issues.
- Travel will be required.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.