About this role Role Description: In this role you will be providing technical literacy, analytical assessment, team leadership, communication and problem-solving abilities to develop highly available, real-time, event-driven solutions to continue the buildout of Aladdin Product Group. This position will deal with both front-end as well
About this role
In this role you will be providing technical literacy, analytical assessment, team leadership, communication and problem-solving abilities to develop highly available, real-time, event-driven solutions to continue the buildout of Aladdin Product Group. This position will deal with both front-end as well as back-end development that includes Java, dynamic web app frameworks like AngularJS and a host of "big data" technologies/frameworks like Apache Ignite, Cassandra, etc.
Our development team ensures the system remains the premier industry solution by focusing on client experience, accuracy, product coverage, seamless integration with front and back-office systems, and the ability to automate volume through exception-based processing.
As a member of the development team, you will share ownership of these goals and be expected to interact with operational and client facing teams. We offer the opportunity to work with a team of engaged professionals who strive to make quality software that is a pleasure to use in addition to the opportunity to advance your abilities while learning about financial markets.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills to contribute as a leading member of global, distributed teams focused on delivering quality services and solutions
- Able to distill complex technical challenges to actionable and explainable decisions
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, technical & architecture skills in the context of cloud based global platform/product design, service management and product lifecycle management
- Demonstrate ability to rapidly learn new and emerging technologies and developing a vision of their suitability and role as a new product within a platform & product landscape
- Operational abilities including early life support and driving root cause analysis and remediation
- Providing specifications according to which solutions are to be defined, managed and delivered
- Describing the structure, characteristics, behavior and other aspects of software to project and business stakeholders
- Identifying required software, systems and interfaces in alignment with enterprise architecture
- Developing system implementation plans, processes, solution architectures and high-level architecture design
- Develops, enhances, debugs, supports, maintains and tests software applications that support business units or supporting functions.
- Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies.
- Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource.
- May have direct reports and may lead projects and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations.
- Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants.
Qualification and Work Experience:
- Should have 10-15 years of work experience in JAVA/J2EE
Core competency requirements:
- Strong knowledge of enterprise architecture and design
- Good to have experience with cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform etc.)
- Should have experience on J2EE, Spring (ORM, Security, MVC, AOP and Integration Framework) and JPA / Hibernate
- Should know any JMS implementations (ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, IBM MQ etc.)
- Should have experience on Relational Database (SQL, PL/SQL) and NoSQL like Cassandra, Apache Ignite or Elasticsearch.
- Experience on Web services protocols like REST, SOAP and experience in developing using HTTP
- Should have knowledge of Continuous integration and continuous deployment (CD/CI) using Git/CVS/SVN and Jenkins.
- Good to have knowledge on Linux Container like Docker, LXC, CoreOS rkt etc and an Orchestration platform like Kubernetes, docker swarm and compose etc.
- Good to have some scripting languages knowledge for example Perl and Python
- Delivery using modern methodologies especially SAFe Agile, Iterative, Waterfall, etc.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.