Senior Software Engineer
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you'll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you're ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps is expanding at our new Hyderabad Technology and Innovation Centre ( https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/duff-phelps-opens-tech-innovation-centre/article29325968.ece )! We have exciting opportunities in software engineering, cloud computing, AI, machine learning, DevOps, UX, NoSQL databases, robotic process automation, and much more. We also have opportunities to learn the latest tools like Kubernetes, .NET Core, TensorFlow and React, and we want you to be a part of it!
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we'll maximize the value of your career. Responsibilities:
- Be a developer on certain projects and enhancements of high-complexity.
- Develop an understanding of how the application works and how it is used - from user standpoint
- Need a sense of how a feature "should" work without explicit requirements.
- Convert functional specifications into technical solutions with minimal guidance.
- Develop integration processes with external systems using APIs and web services including third-party integration tools.
- Review code for potential performance, security, user experience or reusability issues.
- Review code to ensure that it meets the requirements, or of you see a "better way".
- Interact with the project owner, key stakeholders, QA, and other developers as needed.
- Desire for self-improvement, both manager-led and self-identified.
- Provide support to end users.
- Troubleshoot and fix production issues.
- Expert Knowledge of one or all: Angular, React and/or Vue.js
- Expert Knowledge of CSS and CSS extension (Less, Sass)
- Expert Knowledge HTML5
- Experience Building web UIs from wireframes
- Experience Consuming REST APIs
- Experience Source code management tools like Git
- Experience with one or all: Azure DevOps, TFS, Jira, or Gitlab
- Continuous attention to technical excellence
- Enthusiastic about mentoring
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Experience as Team or technical lead
- Experience with Agile / Scrum development
- Experience with Cloud development, especially Azure
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with OAuth2 and OpenID Connect
- Knowledge of or willing to learn GoJS
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.