Analyst, Portfolio Valuation
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you'll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you're ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Duff & Phelps' Portfolio Valuation practice specializes in assisting clients with the valuation of alternative investments, specifically securities and positions for which there are no "active market" quotations such as illiquid securities for hedge funds, private equity funds, business development corporations and fund of funds.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we'll maximize the value of your career. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing in-depth client, competitor, industry, market and economy research.
- Performing valuation analysis on a wide range of public and private entities within various industries using globally accepted relevant approaches and theory.
- Reporting and presenting analyses and conclusions including writing valuation reports.
- Identifying and communicating potential engagements to internal/ external management and writing engagement letters.
- Designing financial models for discounted cash flow, market multiple, market transaction and option pricing analysis.
- Assisting in preparing and presenting the results of our analysis in a clear and concise manner.
- Contributing directly to the development of proposals, presentations, and publications.
- Managing administrative responsibilities towards the engagement such as code creation, reporting and invoicing.
- Writing industry reports on emerging sectors and coverage reports on valuation of global Unicorns in the emerging sectors
- Bachelor of Commerce/ Business Administration in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Management (with a concentration in Finance) from an accredited college or university.
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem-solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to master new tasks quickly.
- Demonstrate leadership experience and strong personal integrity.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to obtaining outstanding results .
- Knowledge of software packages including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability and willingness to travel at short notice, including to overseas destinations.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.