Data / Solution Architect
As a member of Risk & Finance IT Market Risk, you will have the opportunity to join a dynamic and exciting environment, and learn multiple aspects of investment banking in an international team. Market Risk IT supports the Market Risk Management group within the risk division, responsible for Market Risk Management, Scenario Analysis, Risk Consolidation, Risk Capital, Risk Based PnL and the quants responsible for risk measurement models and pricing model validation.
MR Scenarios and FRTB are our new and fast growing programs which are re-architecting the Market Risk IT platform. We are looking for a Data Analyst with demonstrated experience in banking or finance business area. You will take a lead in analysis, design and delivery of new data oriented functionalities across applications and will be accountable to the Market Risk IT architect.
We are currently looking for a highly skilled Data Analyst ideally with some Big Data experience with an analytical mind-set to help craft the next generation of Market Risk data solutions.
Responsibilities, in order of priority are:
- Analyse data: Covering calculation centric, multidimensional raw or derived data types e.g. results as well as regular operational data to help identify problems, inconsistencies, patterns and trends using a range of data analysis skills
- Design and improve data models: Design flexible, optimised, performing data structures on Market Risk Use Cases to support analytical use cases
- Define visualisation and analysis tools: Use the results from analysis and design activities to craft end-user tools and solutions for data visualisation and analysis use cases
- Communicate: Communicate approach, results and recommendations to all partners
- Design software solutions: Support effective data architecture & design solutions to business problems
- Collaborate on data design: Coordinating data design activity across technical and functional domain authorities
- You would be passionate about learning new technologies, and not afraid to roll up sleeves to help reach the team's challenging objectives.
- You have at least 3 years' experience in applied data analytics or consulting on data management in a financial environment
- Working knowledge of applied statistics/mathematics and finance concepts
- Strong coding skills in more than one technology, including: SQL/NoSQL, common Big Data components (Hadoop, Impala, HBase, Scala, Spark etc.), and Python
- Excellent critical thinking, verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to succinctly summarize key findings
- You have deep understanding of software development practices including DevOps
- Dedicated self-starter with an ability to own, lead and deliver projects
- Comfortable working as both part of a high-performing team and as an individual performer
- Able to work effectively within a globally distributed team
- Ability to multitask and prioritize critical tasks and conflicting requirements
- You are focus on timely delivery whilst keeping high attention to detail
- You have excellent ability to take on problems and ability to prioritize conflicting requirements
- Working knowledge of machine learning techniques
- Experience working in Unix environment
- Scripting experience in analysis oriented programming languages like Python, R
- Cloudera administration knowledge
- Experience with Agile methodologies is helpful