Model Risk Auditor
This opportunity is for individuals with expertise in modeling of risk and valuation in financial services to join Model Risk Audit team within Internal Audit which is responsible for delivering independent assurance over model risks globally. The reach of the team extends to all functions of the bank (including risk management, pricing/valuation, capital, and other business decision-making models).
You will be responsible for the performance of audit projects to review model development and validation processes.
You will be expected to perform audit procedures covering the end to end model development and validation process, including: review and testing of model design, implementation, application, validation and governance processes. You will be expected to build positive relationships with key partners, keep up to date with emerging standard methodologies and developments and perform continuous risk monitoring activities. We Offer
- Review and assess the model development and independent model validation performed by CS based on review and testing of the development and validation processes and documentation
- Investigating key aspects of each model under review, incl. model documentation, model selection, input data, theoretical construction, implementation (independent calculation) and model governance (inventory related models, issues, customer concern, agreed actions, approvals/limitations and/or conditions of use) with reference to internal policies and regulatory requirements (e.g. FED SR11/7)
- Participation in working groups addressing modeling issues and the model control environment
- Reviewing findings with colleagues in different audit groups including business and subject matter experts
- Verifying effective controls and procedures to mitigate for model risk and residual uncertainty
- Documenting the testing performed
- As a part of this team you will get exposure to modeling and model validation in a wide range of activities, including risk management, pricing/valuation, capital, stress testing, and other business decision-making models. The current heightened regulatory focus on these areas and the broader model risk scopes also guarantees a significant level of interest and visibility to the business and senior management. The diversity of assignments available within this role offers the chance for team members to gain a broad range of model risk experience. Opportunities to present results to partners as well as peers are numerous, allowing you to widen and improve their network and reputation.
- You have a university degree in econometrics, quantitative finance or equivalent
- You have experience in model risk assurance activities (internal/external audit, independent validation or regulatory environment) and understanding of risk and/or pricing modelling in the financial industry
- You have the ability to improve team assignments
- You have strong communication and writing skills (fluency in English is a prerequisite)