Senior Consultant, Real Estate Advisory Group
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you'll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you're ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Real Estate Valuation, is one such vertical of Valuation Service practices, which focuses on valuation of real estate assets. Members of this team are holding technical degree in graduation, post graduate in technical &/or financial stream, and are members of premium professional institutes such as Institution of Engineers, Institute of Valuers, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, American Society of Appraisers etc.
Duff and Phelps is looking for a Senior Consultant who will be involved in providing support to our global valuation practice and develop his/her own carrier in real estate industry with focus to Global Real Estate market. The opportunity is ideal for professionals who use global best practices, tools and techniques by working on valuation engagements for global clients.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we'll maximize the value of your career. Responsibilities:
- To identify potential client who may requires our services;
- Building relationships with D&P offices across the globe, demonstrating knowledge of regional practices, business and developing open communication channels;
- Sound understanding of all the valuation approaches and its application to various asset classes like: commercial, residential and industrial;
- Assist team members to prepare presentation for valuation services pitch, preparation of engagement letter, proposal, time and fee estimate etc.;
- Performing local, national and international real estate market analysis on a wide range of public and private entities using all accepted and relevant approaches and theory;
- Assisting in preparing and presenting the results of our analysis in a clear and concise manner;
- Assisting with the development of proposals, presentations and publications communicated to current and prospective clients;
- Well versed with excel financial models and report writing skills
- Performing in-depth client, industry, market and competitor research;
- Performing research for publications and industry specific insights;
- Addressing to all the clients' and/or auditors' queries regarding the valuation of the subject property/assets;
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant experience in US & global real estate market;
- Candidate must hold Bachelor's or Master's degree or relevant Post-Graduation from an accredited college or university;
- On course to achieve a Distincton or an 'O' (or equivalent) in his/ her studies;
- Expertise in tools such as Argus DCF and Argus Enterprise, MS Office and various data base such as: CoStar, REIS, RCA Analytics, Axiometrics, RS Means, Bloomberg, OneSource, CapIQ, Thomson research etc.;
- Should have sound knowledge on valuation of real estate assets using all approaches such: Income Approach, Market Approach and Cost Approach;
- Work experience in valuation, due diligence, purchase price allocation, impairment analysis, litigation services, merger & acquisition, lease audit services and financial reporting;
- Well versed with excel financial models and report writing skills;
- Computer proficiency and ability to maximize use of software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point;
- Experience in financial modeling including creating cash flow models for various property classes
- Should have valid passport at time of joining;
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to master new tasks and industries quickly;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment;
- Commitment to achieve outstanding results.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.