WM Core Platform Owner for PB India
The PB India Core platform lead role will operate out of India but reporting to the APAC WM Core platform function in Singapore. The lead provides support to PB India business and is aligned with their growth and renovation within the region. The role serves the product management function for the WM business with the platform ownership of the local India platforms.
The chosen individual will lead the solutions and delivery of strategic initiatives within the change programs for PB India. Excellent structuring and story-lining skills with the ability to distil complex topics into material that is suitable for senior management level communication is important. Strong influencing skills and a good working knowledge of products and market trends is required. You have a dream to be part of a high-profile, multi-faceted team that provides necessary support in day to day technology management as well as long-term initiatives. You possess high level of integrity, both personally and professionally.
The PB India Core platform lead will:
- Work closely with the business COO to drive platform strategy through crafting and prioritization of business demands, design and selection of solutions
- Drive effective end-to-end delivery of prioritized programs ensuring the investments are optimized from cost, time to market and strategic fit perspective
- Steer program level governance forums to engage sponsors and partners
- Monitor & review resource and funding utilization taking corrective actions dedicatedly as required
- Ensure compliance with the governance and risk of the delivery together with One IT & Change counterparts
Core Tasks include:
- Ensure end-to-end requirements from partners are clear and target business processes are defined to be included in the product backlog
- Challenge business partners on the business value and the justifications before determining the priority of the product backlog.
- Prioritize the book of work for 1-2 agile IT development teams
- Actively manage agile project progress against quality standards, targets and budgets and challenging actions, results and activities
- Engage partners by providing updates through informal or formal meetings and ensure any decisions required are consulted by all key team members
- Align with APAC platform strategy constantly to ultimately bring the PB India platforms to the standard APAC platform suite of IT apps.
To be successful in the role, you will need to possess:
- Keen understanding of upstream and downstream dependencies to contribute towards roadmaps for the platform
- Dedicated risk management - building a sustainable control environment by reducing operational risks, eliminating manual steps and sub-optimal practices
- Commercial attitude towards quality, cost and delivery of the projects
- Overarching dream to get things done and move towards technology end-state
Skills required include:
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills built on industry experience in private banking or technology development
- Excellent presentation and communication skills - problem structuring, logical thinking and story-lining essential
- Outstanding influencing and interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and with senior management
- Ability to exercise independent discernment and discretion in confidential matters
- Advanced knowledge of business process, products and market trends.
- Develop creative product recommendations based on business, technical, and opportunity assessments, using domain experience.
- In partnership with key business partners form and maintain the product vision. Communicate product vision and the functional requirements of the partners to IT delivery teams
- Define and prioritize product roadmap and team backlog such that the solution effectively addresses business priorities while maintaining technical integrity
- Ensure Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Scrum Team will work on next. Communicate and ensure team understands items in the Product Backlog to the level required
- Author requirements, epics, user stories, tasks and timelines aligned with user/customer/market needs; ensures stories meet the "definition of ready" criteria;
- Identify partner needs, negotiate priorities between competing partner interests, and then collaborate with developers to ensure that the requirements are implemented effectively.
- The key deliverable of this role would be the implementation of PB India Reset program within the next 2 years and thereafter the ongoing maintenance and prioritization of the PB India's product backlog.
- Minimum 5 years' experience of Product Management / Operations and 10+ years' experience in Private Banking or Wealth Management Industry