Head of Testing & Environment Management
- You will be a core member of the GOSD Production, Quality and Environment Services management, our team with responsibility for delivery Quality Assurance and Environment management services to the whole of GOSD
- GOSD is part of the Group CIO division with our key internal clients being Group Operations and GM Operations
- Global functional ownership and accountability for a globally diverse organization of over 130 FTE (permanent and vendor staff) collaborating with the head of GOSD Production, Quality and Environment Services
- Regional oversight for all GOSD Production, Quality and Environment Services staff in India (Pune and Bangalore) with a dotted reporting line to the GOSD Regional Head for India
- Role provides the opportunity to lead, define and implement the quality assurance and application environment management strategies for GOSD
- An opportunity to craft and develop a global, diverse organization to deliver creative services that support both the current and future needs for GOSD and Group Operations, positioning the services to support the adoption of DevOPS and external cloud initiatives
- Engagement in firm wide working groups and initiatives on the evolution of quality assurance and environment management services
- You have strong knowledge of and consistent record of delivering IT services (development, quality assurance/testing and/or application environment management)
- You have the ability to demonstrate initiative and clear decision-making in highly pressured situations
- You have deep understanding of a large banking enterprise, its processes and how things get done
- Strong knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Sufficient credibility to influence project teams and senior management in relation to these functions
- Leading organizational change: ability to handle the successful and smooth transition from current to desired culture, practices, structure and overall organizational environment.
- Shown success in efficient teamwork across organizational/regional boundaries in a matrix based organization enabling consensus to be achieved
- A creative, analytical thinker with track record in influencing senior decision makers, with an ability to drive service and process adoption across both IT and the business
- You have deep knowledge of the operational aspects of Investment Banking technology and the associated front office touch points.
- You have the ability to understand, appreciate and use the unusual contributions of associates of dynamic cultures, nationalities, ethnic backgrounds, genders, ages, points of view, etc. and foster workforce diversity.
- Experience in career development, able to understand what encourages people and how to foster their skills and capabilities
- You are confident, daring and effective communicator able to target communications appropriately for all levels in the organization
- Delivery focused and deadline driven
- Ability to gain consensus when faced with differing views
- Superb communication skills written & oral; ability to communicate complex issues clearly