Java Developer for Tax
The role is a development role for one or more work streams in the area of Finance Accounting and Global Regulatory Reporting, which is responsible for MIS and Regulatory reporting around Basel 3, Use ratio, Liquidity reporting, etc. and also enabling various compliance reports to regulators. You should;
- Design, develop and modify code based on functional and system requirements
- Participate in testing process through unit and functional testing
- Perform development tool and environment design and configuration
- Support bug fixes, change requests and functional improvement on the code
- Validate scope, plans and work you're doing for assigned projects
- Responsible for overall technology direction for the assigned module/project
- Interact with Design team and Test team for requirements and defects
- Write reusable, testable and efficient code
- Design and implementation of data processing systems and software
- Implementation of low-latency and highly available APIs
- Support with implementation of user interfaces
- Follow the change and Incident Management process
- You will be working with a distributed global team using Agile methodology - SCRUM practices.
- You have 5+ years of experience in Java and eager to pick up new programming languages on the go
- You have 2-4 years of experience in two of the following: Java - 8 and Apache Spark.
- You have experience with Spring Core, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Integration and Spring Security
- You have hands-on experience in Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, Spark, Impala, etc.
- You have good experience in various data base engines such as Oracle, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- You have a degree in Software Engineering or similar,
- Hands-on experience working in an agile environment
- You are ambitious, independent and comfortable operating in a global team interaction model
- You have strong analytical skills, applied to Big Data domain.
- You are hardworking and flexible, with a dream to learn and use new technologies
- Superb communication skills in English (both written and spoken)
- Understanding of regulatory environments and finance is a plus
- As a plus: Able to drive state of the art software engineering standard methodologies and architecture
- Are you a dedicated problem solver with a positive personality and passionate about team work? Then we are sure that you would be an excellent fit for the team.