Java FSD Specialist Lead
Risk and Finance Workflow and Productivity tools team is an award-winning team producing and integrating software to enable business to automate tasks, reduce costs and collaborate more efficiently.
Workflow team is a global team spread across New York, Raleigh, London, Wroclaw and India, falling under the broader reporting horizontal department (400 member organization) serving Risk and Finance business areas.Team is a much diversified team with members coming from different background with rich talent. Current workflow team size is 30 members
This role is for a Full Stack Lead Developer with key focus on Spring Boot middleware development to join the team and further build the strategic workflow platform for broad adoption by several new business areas within Risk and Finance IT.
- You will have the opportunity to work with the latest tool chains and industry best practices using GIT, Jenkins, JIRA, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Experience with leading commercial and open source Workflow Engine
- You will have an exposure to new technologies in the bank: RFIT Workflow team is recognized as one of the leaders in innovation within Credit Suisse.
- You will get the opportunity for self-improvement with various training programs within the bank.
- Experience in a global enterprise with a leading IT infrastructure.
- You are expected to take ownership of your components; provide solutions, innovations and improvements while also being accountable / transparent about your decisions.
- You understand the full tool chain from development to deployment for your components
- You will be required to collaborate as the workflow platform integrates many components across the bank and success is only obtainable by working with other teams within the bank
- Cater to the needs of the bank / clients when proposing new solutions and look to reuse existing components within the bank where possible, without reinventing them. The goal is to deliver the most robust software with the lowest cost and delivery times possible.
- You are open to new challenges and to move out of your comfort zone.
- You deliver robust, tested, software with appropriate documentation.
- Being technical representative and single point of contact for Workflow team's projects
- Hands-on development of Spring Boot middleware.
- You will engage with business analysts, functional architects and other partners to ensure feasibility of the solution and provide design options
- You will dedicatedly engage with Workflow infrastructure teams to provide stable and complete infrastructure to various Workflow initiatives being undertaken
- You will ensure proposed solutions are aligned with RF IT architecture strategy and overall Credit Suisse IT architecture strategy (including bank's standard platforms, applications, and run-time environments)
- Providing the required documentation
- Aggressively raise risks and issues to IT PM, Dev managers and other relevant parties
- Review on a periodic basis the design and development work performed by the developers in the team and ensure the project is delivering the intended architecture, including leading code reviews and review workshops
- You will ensure peer reviews are in place.
- Ensuring that the delivery maintains or improve the level of quality, efficiency, stability and practicability
- Ensuring that any project modifying the application will follow standard methodologies, is aligned with RF IT architecture strategy and standards and overall CS IT architecture strategy (including bank's standard platforms, applications, and run-time environments)
- Controlling the design and implementation of change requests
- You will ensure application owner/Development manager sign off is obtained before release.
- You will coordinate with QA team to ensure smooth QA progress.
- Coordinate with release management group to ensure smooth release of the BoW
- Operating within our Conduct & Ethic standards, being aware of operational risk, raising when any identified with a focus on striving for operational excellence and working with the wider team on constant improvement.
- You have a proven 8+ years of software development experience including 5+ years hands-on experience with Spring Platform components: Security, Boot, Data, Batch
- You possess strong knowledge of Core Java
- You possess deep understanding of single page frontend applications and modern web development with Angular or React
- Experience with Oracle and other SQL databases: database design, writing PL/SQL queries, accessing data with JPQL and ORM frameworks
- Knowledge of DevOps practices, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- You possess a deep understanding of application development lifecycle, integration, support and maintenance
- You are dedicated and a self-starter, with an experience in a global company, working with teams from different cultural backgrounds.
- Previous experience within Credit Suisse
- Cloud native development with Docker and Openshift
- Experience with BPM systems e.g. Oracle BPM, Flowable, Camunda
- High level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards