PM/BA for HR comp and benefits systems
The HR IT team within Corporate Services Technology is looking for an experienced IT Project Manager / Business Analyst.
Ideal candidate will be proactive, responsive, and possess strong analytical, management and problem solving skills with the ability to contribute, deliver and maintain scalable, stable software solutions. Candidate will have good communications skills with the ability to easily discuss technical subject matter
· Understanding & interfacing with business stakeholders will be important but equally important will be the ability to understand/follow complex technical processes - understanding how to get things done across a large & complex global technology delivery team.
· This is not
a business analyst and will typically not be required to develop & manage detailed business processes, develop business use cases, manage end user training or lead implementations/deployments for the business users.
· Candidate should be able to manage projects of any range from small to large, and require the candidate to be comfortable owning the project technical deliverables - "rolling up their sleeves to define/solve, test (or coordinate off-shore testing resources), and deploy" the project deliverables.
· Should have managed project teams in a matrix environment of technical and analytical skills and across geographies and vendors.
· Projects are all primarily in the Human Resources space - - Peoplesoft, Saba, Taleo are some of the vendor applications we support.
· Should be able work closely with production support to identify & resolve problems that could result in projects or enhancements being incorporated into the project work. Understanding how to partner with, support, and hold production support accountable will be important.
· We are moving to a SaaS-based shop (Software as a Solution) and therefore, working with large vendors who provide the application environment, maintenance, and support will be a benefit.
· Technical leadership role but not a development role. Experience of analysis and project deliveries in Peoplesoft, Oracle, PL/SQL, Java, Unix.
· Ability to play the role of a scrum master.
· Core project management skills required but advanced project management skills might be over-kill (smaller size projects)
o Resource management - do you have the resources you & coordinating interdependency of resources
o Managing issues & risks for the project
o Owning project financial, schedule, & status reporting
o Stakeholder communications including business stakeholders - - acting as a liaison between the business and IT
o Vendor management especially in a SaaS environment
o Processing and managing change requests
· Core IT BA skills focus primarily on support technical integrations/deployments:
o Eliciting, refining and documenting business requirements
o Working with technical partners to design solutions (complete required documentation)
o Working with the IT development team on solution-ing and support the "build" phase
o Creating test scenarios and validating test cases
o Managing testers and defect resolution
o Facilitating and managing the all testing phases
o Supporting all activities related to deployment of the application into production You Offer
· Proactive, a self-starter with a can-do positive attitude.
· Ability to quickly understand complex business applications/processes.
· Global perspective with strong stakeholder management capability.
· An effective and fluent communicator across a diverse team (multi-language, multi-cultural, multiple time zones, range of levels)
· Comfortable with a dynamic work environment with capability to quickly adapt and change.
· Able to work under pressure
· An effective multi-tasker Education / Experience
· Bachelor's Degree in related field (4 years BS/BA or equivalent)
· 6-10 years IT business analyst and project management work experience
- Experience in HR applications/projects, global projects (smaller deployments), large IT organizations, SaaS environments will be a plus