Transaction Fees & Expense Team Leader (Derivatives Products)
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
The individual will have oversight over all aspects of managing and processing trading fees incurred by the firm, mainly through unique Transaction Expense Management System (EXCALIBUR). EXCALIBUR is a key system to make Credit Suisse best in a class in variable expense efficiency among our peers. The platform gives our user community the transparency and leverage needed to strategically handle and optimize the multi-million dollar BCE (Brokerage, Clearing & Exchange) & SCF (Settlement and Custody Fees) that the bank incurs annually. This role, being a part of wider Global Markets Operations, is key to identify and drive fundamental efficiency improvement projects across various divisions
- Provide management and oversight over the product and regions within his/hers scope of responsibilities
- Responsibility over the data integrity and month end activities in the system for all derivative products globally.
- Identify an implement operational improvements
- Partner with the Efficiency Group by providing updates on rates and other key information necessary to deliver actionable saving ideas.
- Manage block leave schedule for designated staff to ensure holiday schedules are met and agreed upon, with special focus on Block Leave compliance
- Foster a positive and high energy team spirit by providing a stimulating work environment
- Assume responsibility for the successful onboarding of vendors onto the EXCALIBUR Accounting module for the respective products and regions in scope
- Organize, manage and lead team meetings on a regular basis cascading information to the wider team about HR topics, Education & Training, Risk & Control, Leave & Absence Planning, Metrics etc.
- Support and manage the development of each team member when it comes to relationship management, interpersonal skills, analytical skills, product knowledge and presentation skills
- Work with direct line manager to define development actions for key population and drive potential future human capital requirements to identify and source new candidates
- Lead the training, mentoring and supporting new/junior staff
- Identify and document IT issues and/or required improvements related to the EXCALIBUR platform to IT on an ongoing basis and provide consolidated reports to IT leads for prioritization meetings
- You have a proven record of financial product knowledge (equites/fixed income)
- Advanced excel - Required to work extensively with Excel and should be able to organise large amounts of data and have good knowledge of lookups, pivots and if statements.
- Experience in retrieving data from large databases by writing SQL queries
- Experience with Alteryx, Tableau, JIRA will be preferred.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and are an ambitious driven individual
- You have working or educational experience with P&L, Balance Sheet, Payment System
- Excellent analytical skills / systems aptitude.
- You have background in Financial Markets (Exchanges, Broking or Investment Banking) and experience in Exchange.
- Strong focus on attention to detail.
- You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.