Head of Employee Relations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Shaping behaviours and culture through protecting the Bank against employee-related risk by:
- Ensuring that the relationship between the Bank and its employees is managed appropriately within the Group ER, Fair Accountability and Conduct frameworks, underpinned by clear procedures, policies and ultimately by relevant employment law.
- Providing leadership to the ER, Fair Accountability and Conduct product suite in the country e.g. disciplinary management, grievance management, provision of outplacement services etc.
- Effectively managing key external stakeholder relationships with employee representative bodies, legal firms and local labour ministries (where relevant locally).
- Leading the ER, Fair Accountability and Conduct agenda in the assigned geography
Execution of the ER, Fair Accountability and Conduct agenda in line with Group strategy
ER, Fair Accountability and Conduct product lead in Indonesia
- Executing the country ER strategy in alignment with the global ER strategy, country business needs and the HR collective agenda in Indonesia.
- Accountable for ensuring all ER, Fair Accountability and Conduct products are delivered effectively in Indonesia in line with Group policies and local law and legislation.
- For organization change ensure that the appropriate HR support mechanisms are in place and Group policy/procedures are followed for staff e.g. re-organization, re-deployment, redundancy etc.
- Effective management of employee representative bodies (e.g. works councils, unions etc) e.g. effective CBA negotiation (where applicable).
- Actively reduce the cost and reliance on external legal counsel by providing in-house subject matter expertise.
- Provide suitable insights into employee engagement levels to the Regional Head of ER, the Country Head of HR, Country/Regional Management Groups (C/RMGs).
- Support the execution of a performance-driven culture in businesses in Indonesia
Translation of country legislation and regulation into pragmatic actions for country/regional teams
- Providing guidance & leadership on ER, Fair Accountability and Conduct product suite e.g. disciplinary management, grievance management or performance improvement to stakeholders
- Define and maintain overall global product execution standards e.g. Group policy, procedure, process maps, metrics and product documentation.
- Ensure the product drives the Bank's Conduct agenda further by reinforcing the Bank's vales and behaviours in Indonesia.
Defining and managing employee-related risk in Indonesia
- Build external networks and remain up to date with legislative change and developments and be viewed both internally and externally as an expert in the ER field
- Collaborate with HR Legal and Compliance and/or external legal counsel for advice and decision on interpretation of local laws and regulations and ER policies, procedures, cases in-country.
- Primary accountability (where relevant) for communicating with local labour ministries on Employee Relations matters, and HR related policies and procedures.
Education and Training of HR and Line Managers
- Identify, assess, and monitor country ER process risks in line with overall operational risk management framework.
- Create and implement suitable actions to mitigate identified risks.
- Understand current local employment and discrimination law in local and international jurisdictions, together with employee trends to anticipate and minimise employee related risks.
- Oversight and management of any relevant country Group Policy and process dispensations
- Lead the resolution of highly sensitive/complex disciplinary and grievance cases that create significant risk to the Bank.
- Proactively update HRBPs and line managers on recent employment law legislative changes and developments
- Country Management Groups
- Regional/ER, FA and Conduct team
- Country HRBPs/ Head of HR
- HR Legal and Compliance
- Country Financial Crime Risk
- Regional / Country PRB (Performance, Reward and Benefits)
- Country / Regional SIS
- Employee Representative Bodies
- Employment/Labour government departments
- Legal firm
- Role model and champion the Bank's values and behaviours
- Qualified employment lawyer or ER specialist with a minimum of 6-8 years work experience
- Experience in managing employee representative bodies e.g. unions, works councils
- An appreciation of the local legislative and regulatory landscape
- Strong networker and organizational influencer
- Commercially astute
- Strong collaboration
- Professional legal background
- Good mixture of both ER specialist and HR Business Partner experience
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.