Officer, Financial Market Operations Client Coverage
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Affirmation of FM transaction and Chasing inward confirmation / settlement instruction from the clients
- Ensures inward confirmation / settlement instruction received from clients are well confirmed and matched against the Bank's record
- Ensure settlement instruction received from client are signatory verification against Dealing Mandate or Account Mandate
- Chasing supporting documents and declaration letter as per BI requirement from the clients
- Monitor and follow up outstanding issue in the accounts of Nostro, Suspense and Sundry
- Maintain a positive working relationship with personnel of the other sections / divisions of the bank
- Ensure call back is perform to the authorized confirmer as per policy/guideline
- Response queries from internal and external client
- Check and ensure documentation related to regulatory is adequate and in place
- Ensures that all transactions and reporting are finalized in a timely manner and within the service standards defined by the bank for a particular customer or product and tax is in accordance to the tax rule and well reconciled
- Ensure compliance with the Group's standards and regulatory requirements
- Escalate any related issues to Line Manager as well as to Head of Financial Market Operations CC
- Ensure that processing is delivered in accordance with Service Level Agreements and DOI
- Manage queries, issues and complaint via register it into GEMS
- Add hoc reporting and or project (if required)
- Assist line manager in provided the report to the auditor (internal & external) and other department (if required)
- Assist other unit among FMO CC as well as acting as back up (if required)
- Assist Line manager to monitor and resolution of the open item in Nostro, Suspense and Sundry
- My Voice Impact plan to be completed / implemented within the agreed time frame if any
Compliance and Risk
- Compliance with all applicable Rules/ Regulations of both In Country and Group Policies
- Ensure compliance with the Group's standards and regulatory requirements pertaining to Money Laundering and CDD
- Participate in and/or support the Bank's effort in combating money-laundering activities
- Exercise due care and diligence on matters related to Money Laundering and CDD in the day to day operations, transaction monitoring, reporting suspicions, customer communication, implementing new requirements, updating and revising operating procedures, acquire relevant knowledge and training, provide support to superior peer
- Follow up on corrective/ preventive actions to a point where concerns arising from these findings are addressed to a satisfactory level.
- Ensure full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/Group.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Works under the supervision of a team leader (FMO CC Manager)
Our Ideal Candidate
- Follow HS&E instruction and procedures.
- Co-operate in the implementation of HS&E plan and help to prevent workplace hazards.
- Highlight and report all accidents, incidents and unsafe conditions.
- Not interfere with existing arrangements to ensure the health & safety of all employees, and protection of the environment.
- Meet their obligations with regard to local legal requirements
- Treasury product knowledge especially on Money Market and Capital Market and other Treasury Product as a general
- In depth knowledge of local and international payment , clearing and collection systems and settlement arrangements
- Fully aware of associated Operational Risks
- Has the strong knowledge of local regulatory (Central Bank, Tax Authority, Indonesia Bourse/Bursa Efek Indonesia and other relevant regulatory)
- Regulatory matter related to Financial Market product
- Good self discipline
- Supporting a team
- Good time management
- Good communication skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.