Business Analyst - 6 Month Contract
We are now seeking a Business Analyst with approximately 5-7 years experience in
Financial Services, ideally in Funds, Asset Management and/or Life Insurance, with at
least 3-4 years experience in a Business Analyst role. Duties
Work pro-actively with senior management, third party technical consultants and internal / external matter experts to:
• Deliver high, medium and low level requirements gathering phases for identified change/project deliveries.
• Stakeholder identification for each area, ensuring to taking a broader view of requirements across the business
• Assist the business stakeholders in the prioritisation and phasing of requirements across projects of work.
• Design and develop high-level and detailed functional and non-functional system requirements
• Ensure alignment to delivery frameworks and use of standard artefacts and templates
• Ensure a common understanding and quality of deliverables and compliance with business requirements through consultation and review
• Support production of test plans, test conditions, test scripts, and support the running of integrated system tests, user acceptance and various other tests
• Communicate in a clear and concise manner to IT and business staff (including senior managers) at all stages of projects' lifecycles to gain commitment and to minimize the level of resistance to change
• Be responsible for the management of changes during projects' lifecycle.
• Prepare and deliver presentations and demonstrations with material as required
• Lead / input into feasibility studies and presentations to senior management as required.
• To coordinate, facilitate and drive the established in-house project management process for selected cross functional change initiatives and projects.
• To engage with senior management to ensure the availability of resources, the approval of budgets, and with project stakeholders to ensure complete and validated business cases, scope definitions and requirements documentation. Skills & Competencies
• Excellent communication skills. Must be able to conduct effective workshops to elicit complex requirements from a range of end-users and stakeholders, and have the ability to manage conflicting issues with all stakeholders.
• A thorough understanding of how IT systems can interface with multiple functional groups within an organization, and used to handling conflicting terminology and concepts used by different business areas and systems.
• High level of proficiency in MS Excel, Access, Visio, Project required.
• Have a keen understanding of Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies.
• Knowledge of business process improvement methodologies, e.g. Six Sigma.
• Good knowledge of regulatory issues within the asset management and life insurance industries (e.g. EMIR, Solvency II, FACTA AIMFD) would be a definite advantage.
• Good working knowledge of RDMS. Skills in SQL, Master Data Management, SSIS, SSAS, ErWIn, IBM Cognos 11 and QlikSense a distinct advantage. Qualifications & Experience
• A minimum of 5 years' experience in Financial Services ideally but not necessarily in Funds, Asset Management and/or Life Insurance, with at least 3 years' experience in a Business Analyst role.
• Ideally good knowledge of underlying Asset and Fund Management business processing platforms and related technologies, but not a prerequisite
• Experience of working in a BA capacity for data warehouse and business intelligence projects implementation.
• Experience of conducting requirements workshops and analysis to define project business cases, prioritised requirements lists, functional specifications, test scripts and sign off documentation.
• Significant exposure to change management and project management in financial organisations.
• Demonstrable delivery record ideally within the financial industry.
• Educated to Degree Level in a relevant technical discipline with adequate business experience, or hold a Business degree with adequate technical experience.
• PMP, Prince2, Agile (DSDM / Scrum), CBAP or ISEB BA certifications or equivalent are a distinct advantage