My client have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Risk Manager to join their growing team with lots of progression opportunities.
We have an excellent opportunity for a driven, dynamic and creative individual to join the an established risk team at managerial level, reporting into the Head of Financial Risk Management. You will be responsible for embedding a robust Risk Management framework and providing business leaders with expert independent insight, challenge and opinion on key business decisions and the aggregate risk profile.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Regularly report and present on the efficiency of, and any shortcomings in, the risk management system and any risks that are potentially material
- Provide dedicated oversight and challenge of the business's capital and liquidity management processes
- Provide robust risk oversight and challenge to the functions responsible for managing financial risks, making recommendations for improvements in the control environment where necessary
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with Heads of business functions. Actively influence the Senior Stakeholders in ensuring the effective management of financial and insurance risks for which they retain accountability
- Embed governance frameworks for decision-making and ensure ongoing compliance and efficiency
- Review and challenge of all aspects of the risk profile to support management in their understanding, assessment and management of risk to help make better business decisions and ensure business objectives are met
- A fully qualified actuary, accountant risk professional with proven actuarial and technical risk management skills
- Excellent analytical skills and be able to effectively communicate (in both written and verbal forms) and engage in debate on complex topics
- Evidence of influencing outcomes with senior management in both formal (e.g. Committee) and informal settings is critical
- Experience in dealing with complex regulatory communication
SThree UK and Ireland is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.