You will be an important team member of the service implementation team who are coordinators of new retail Product launches, on-board new institutional clients and market opening for new and existing investment markets. You'll deal with a wide variety of internal stakeholders and work across project plans for all these responsibilities.
This opportunity is to work in the Asset Management Operations (AMO) Service Implementation team, based in Dublin.
The Service Implementation Team is the focal point of internal stakeholders across several AMO services, acting as first and last point of contact throughout the end to end implementation process. The team is the Centre of Excellence for the following major central business activities:
- New retail Product launches including mergers, closures and re-purposes.
- On boarding of new Institutional clients and custody relationships.
- Market opening for new and existing investment markets
The team is a central AMO focus point for FIL, one that is known for its expertise, versatility and understanding of the importance of getting it right first time.
The team must have strong knowledge of AMO functions, a co-operative attitude and will include all relevant parties to ensure full end to end impact assessment and understanding of risks and benefits across the business.
What you'll do
- Ownership of individual fund launches (retail and institutional) and co-ordinate activities across AMO departments to successfully deliver the launch within the agreed target date.
- Maintain project plans during the implementation process of a new launch.
- Plan, control and track all new initiatives and issue regular status reports as required. Identify and manage risks, escalating where appropriate.
- Provide clear, concise project communication both written and verbal to relevant stakeholders.
- Establish a strong working relationship with members of all stakeholder groups impacted by your projects.
- Work closely with the Product Teams and Client Service Managers.
- Analyse and communicate the operational impact of new product proposals.
- Analyse and suggest improvements to current processes.
- Market opening on new and existing funds.
- Provide a flexible and responsive service to our internal stakeholders.
What you can expect
- A vibrant environment with an opportunity to work closely with stakeholders.
- A busy, interesting, diverse workload from a variety of sources
- Very often working to tight deadlines.
- Energetic, with strong inter-personal skills and keen to work in a fast-paced environment
- Organised and excellent time management skills and an ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise
- A self-starter with the ability to run solo projects effectively but also to work as part of a strong team
- Ability to understand and follow processes and the ability to improve these processes
- Experience of working in the asset management industry, with an understanding of middle and back office operations including transaction processing, asset servicing, asset valuation and fund accounting.
- An understanding of Fidelity's products and services.
- Knowledge of all investment instrument types.
- Self-motivated and responsive to a constantly changing environment.
- High attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills: the ability to understand issues, structure problems, comes up with ideas and delivers workable solutions.
- Good Analytical Skills - accurate & numerate
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Good facilitation skills; the ability to bring people together to work through an issue
- The ability to work under pressure, prioritise and organise own time
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Identify and resolve issues, escalating where appropriate.