Operations Core Project Group Manager
The Project Group Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day management of executing to milestones and budget on multiple complex projects.
- Manage multiple teams or a functional area (depending on size of business).
- Identify stakeholders and key organizations in order to build and manage relationships with each.
- Direct the creation of multiple work projects and manage their alignment to business goals.
- Lead the facilitation, coordination, and arbitration of cross-functional macro level topics within/across projects and with Senior Management.
- Lead the identification and drive resolution of issues, including those outside established projects of work.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure project scope definition meets business objectives.
- Work with Project Sponsor to ensure business case/cost benefit analysis is in line with business goals.
- Drive adherence to project processes, procedures, methods, and standards for project delivery and leverage across the project.
- Assist project team in negotiating for resources owned by other departments in order ensure the project can be completed.
- Ensure funding has been approved for the program.
- Ensure all areas of the program are appropriately staffed.
- Direct the communication of status, issue, and risk disposition to all stakeholders, including senior management, on a timely basis.
- Direct the identification of risks which impact project delivery and ensure mitigation strategies are developed and executed when necessary.
- Escalate program risks to the Program Director, or Program Sponsor, when appropriate.
- Apply comprehensive understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues that have impact beyond own area.
- Exercise shared responsibility for budget, policy formulation and planning.
- Evaluate subordinates' performance and makes recommendations for pay increases, promotions, terminations, and other personnel actions.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - IE ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .