SSGA Ireland Shareholder Services-Senior Associate -Dublin
Grow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other.
We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street. Job Summary
In the role of SSGA Ireland Shareholder Services you will be responsible for: Primary Responsibilities include:
- State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $2.4 trillion in assets. For more than three decades, sophisticated investors worldwide have benefited from our disciplined, precise investment process and powerful global platform offering access to every major asset class, capitalization range and style across the indexing and active spectrums. Our mission, plain and simple, is helping our clients achieve financial security. Since this means something different for each investor, we devote significant time up front to thoroughly understand their specific needs, and then apply our experience and intellectual rigor across a broad toolkit to develop and manage thoughtful, targeted solutions aimed at ensuring their success. At State Street Global Advisors we are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future.
- The firm employs more than 2,200 people globally in 17 countries, and has nine investment centers across the Americas, Europe and Asia.
- SSGA is the investment management arm of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutions.
- This role will involve working specifically within the Shareholder Services team within SSGA Ireland Operations. As part of a team with varied strengths the key function of role is to act as central point of contact for clients contracted with SSGA Ireland to coordinate and / or implement investment instructions on clients' behalf with respect to their SSGA portfolios.
- You will preferably have worked in the Financial services/Funds industry previously, have very excellent numerical skills, be a good teammate and able to work on your own initiative. You should be high reaching and motivated to succeed.
- As the key contact point a successful candidate will be encouraged to work with excellent levels of accuracy to deliver high quality support to the business each and every single day.
To be successful in this role, your experience should include Skills and Attributes
- Act as 'go to' person for our client base in relation to any administration matters and actively lead all queries directed to our group on a can-do basis.
- Receive, action and authenticate client investment instructions in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Reporting cash flow activity on funds.
- Transaction reporting to clients/ consultants.
- Accounting and pricing updates.
- Adherence to compliance and Anti Money Laundering policies.
- To work on projects as and when required and therefore have experience in prioritising work, working with relatively short deadlines, being able to organise themselves and escalate where necessary.
- 2+ years experience in Funds / Financial Services.
- Have a high level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong awareness of risk and understand the implication of errors.
- Motivated individual looking to succeed within an operational environment.
- You will be able to work confidently both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- A recognised degree in a business related discipline.
- You have the ability to plan and run multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt and be flexible to change in a delivery focused, fast paced environment.
- Strong MS Excel skills preferable.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.