Analyst, Alternative Assets
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The Alternative Asset teams have a global operating model and the team in Limerick act as liaison between internal and external clients and the various alternative assets teams to ensure client's information is accurate and that client deadlines are adhered to. Compliance with all internal/external controls and procedures is essential related to the reconciliation and review of client's private equity position. Assist in developing, modifying and implementing effective internal control procedures as well as provide training support to other team members. Individual Responsibilities:
- Processes routine and non-routine trades and transactions such as subscriptions, redemptions & switches based on client instructions received
- Resolve escalations associated with trades in a timely manner
- Identify and resolve any issues that may impact or delay any instructed trade or payment
- Liaise with a diverse range of internal and external parties including but not limited to; clients, investment managers, relationship managers and other external parties
- Meet all internal and external service level agreements for processing, payments and system controls.
- Adhere to stringent procedures and protocols at all times
The Alternative Asset servicing team operate in a dynamic, time-bound and client focused work environment. The successful candidate will benefit from having:
Working with Us:
- Bachelor Degree in business, accounting, finance or related field
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills
- Proficient in word, excel, outlook and power point
- Comfortable using various systems and online tools
- Understanding of the financial system and institutions
- Self-starter with advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure prioritise workload
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A willingness to learn and be creative within the role
- Ability to work effectively with management and part of a team to meet targets
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.