Consultant – Financial Control (HFS)
Consultant- Financial Control:
Founded in Chicago in 1889, Northern Trust is one of the world's leading financial institutions. We specialise in providing asset servicing solutions and asset management to both institutional and personal clients. The delivery of products and services to this client base is supported through a network of offices around the globe.
Based in Dublin and Limerick, Northern Trust in Ireland administers one of the most varied ranges of products in the Irish Market and forms a vital part of Northern Trust's global presence.
We believe our most valuable asset is our engaged, empowered & diverse workforce. As a global institution, Northern Trust is committed to building upon this diverse talent through encouraging innovative thinking and personal courage in an inclusive environment. Northern Trust's commitment to diversity & inclusion is evident in our internal initiatives for which we have won several globally recognised awards. Why choose a career in Hedge Fund Services with Northern?:
• Northern Trust has demonstrated a continued commitment to investing in Ireland; our Hedge fund services team has grown exponentially in the last year due to new client wins. We now have almost 100 partners in our Limerick and Dublin offices
• A career with HFS is very varied and exciting. Every day is different and all roles are client facing so we interact with our clients regularly. Within HFS we support clients' middle office as well as back office responsibilities and as such get greater exposure to the client's strategy and operation.
• We invest heavily in our people and offer a customized, individually dedicated hedge fund training program to ensure our people can realise their full potential and avail of the diverse range of career opportunities within Hedge Fund Services and Northern Trust Ireland
• To complement the company culture, we support our employees' efforts to balance work and home life, in part by offering family-friendly programs and alternative/flexible work situations
• Our modern compensation package is highly competitive and moreover, intuitive to your stage of life and career About The Role:
We are currently recruiting for a consultant within our growing Hedge fund services department. From a career development perspective, the individual will learn to work effectively in a fast-paced environment that provides services to sophisticated clients.
The individual will get exposure to many different product types across all sectors.
The individual will also learn the complete cycle from start to finish when a client executes a trade. This will enable the individual to understand the full picture of hedge fund administration and also be able to effectively engage the appropriate shared service team within HFS. Principal Responsibilities: Fund Accounting
• Preparation and review of Operating Expenses for funds on a weekly/monthly basis.
• Production and review of month end Close Packs for various clients on weekly/monthly basis.
• Interact with clients and other to obtain understanding of funds' activities Financial Reporting
• Participate in financial statements preparation and review for funds on an annual basis.
• Work directly with external auditors to ensure accuracy of each fund's annual financial statements.
• Work with shared services teams to ensure timely follow up and completion of audit requests. Regulatory Reporting
• Participate in the quarterly preparation and review of regulatory reporting for applicable funds.
• Work with the teams in Limerick and Chicago to further improve the existing Annex IV solution. Other
• Collaborate with other team members to build scalable operations to meet the service needs of a large portfolio of clients Skills /Experience:
• 3rd level qualification in a finance related discipline
• Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
• Knowledge of hedge funds and other alternative investment structures an advantage
• Knowledge of financial reporting including US GAAP & IFRS financial statements and footnote disclosures an advantage
• Knowledge of financial products and related accounting
• General regulatory knowledge /European Regulatory knowledge
• Financial analysis
• Client service experience About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.