• Demonstrate an understanding of each client's specific needs, role and use of our solutions; provide them with appropriate training and customer service to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction.
• Develop a thorough understanding of all Insight products/services, and ensure clients are accessing all the solutions that meet their business requirements.
• Establish and maintain executive level relationships in major functional areas of the customer organization. Utilize the relationships to develop strong revenue growth initiatives for all Insight products within assigned account base.
• Grow new accounts and manage a holistic geographic sales territory plan via tactical and strategic activities in conjunction with the Director of Sales.
- Secure a high level of client retention through responsive and proactive account management.
• Prospect, present to, and close on new sales opportunities within client base.
- Manage renewal sales process for existing customer base; including setting expectations, changing needs assessments, and negotiating and processing contracts.
• Follow up on all inbound client inquiries to uncover new and expanding opportunities within client base.
• Maintain consistent and ongoing contact with end-users and decision makers.
• Accurately forecast expected sales and cancellations to Sales Manager on a monthly basis.
• Provide ongoing product feedback from clients to Sales Manager and Product Managers.
• Maintain awareness of, and participate in all relevant training for, new products and capabilities, and market them to account base. Required Experience:
• Minimum 8 years' experience selling software, services content, consulting, business solutions or high tech hardware, or consumer electronics products/services.
• Consumer electronics Market experience desired.
• Ability to analyze business opportunities, develop effective sales strategies and close business.
• Track record of developing account and territory plans to achieve penetration and grow revenue.
• Knowledge of contracts and proposal process. Required Skills:
• Client negotiation skills.
• Strong oral communication skills, including presenting to and interacting with decision-makers and diverse populations within a client's organization.
• Strong written communication skills, especially in ability to write reports in a clear and concise manner.
• Maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Entrepreneurial spirit.
• Team player who works collaboratively with colleagues, management and all points of the organization. Required Education:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Technology and Consumer Electronics industries.
Travel: Up to 40%
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.