About this role About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.1 trillion in
About this role
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.1 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock, the world’s leading investment manager and risk manager, is committed to providing exceptional service to its clients. As the BlackRock business continues to grow and our client’s investment strategies become more sophisticated, the need to support complex service requirements is crucial to maintaining BlackRock’s position as an industry leader in providing superior client service.
Business Unit Overview:
The Global Client Experience Management (CEM) team is 150+ people across the world, APAC CEM Inquiries is made up of 19 people located in Japan, Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, & Taiwan servicing Institutional, Retail, Direct clients, and their Financial Advisers.
As part of APAC CEM the team is responsible for operational servicing and accountable for driving and delivering the client experience and needs through day-to-day interactions with the clients and Client Business teams.
Primary responsibilities are to provide the first line of operational / business liaison service and support for Clients and Client Businesses covering BlackRock’s pooled vehicles mainly domiciled in Luxembourg, Dublin, Cayman and Japan. The team is also the first point of contact for APAC segregated clients when it comes to Client Reporting and Gateway (institutional client website).
This position is in Tokyo, Japan and offers a unique opportunity to face off directly with our clients and a wide range of partners within the business and will report to the local team manager.
The successful Japan CEM candidate will be part of a team of professionals supporting our clients (Segregated accounts, Onshore, Offshore, Retail, Direct investors) located in Japan.
The person in this role will work closely with our internal partners on issue analysis, management, and resolution for clients investing in our onshore & offshore pooled fund ranges. Key partners include; Client Business, Operations, Product Development, Investment Professionals, Legal & Compliance, and Onshore/Offshore Third Parties.
- Providing outstanding, timely and accurate “front line” telephone and email response to clients regarding all services and products offered by BlackRock.
- Provide high quality client service externally and internally, answering inquiries and resolving problems from clients as well as internal BlackRock groups.
- Own client queries and drive them through to resolution, ensuring a variety of client queries are balanced with due care and attention and responded to appropriately, within agreed time frames and always with consideration of the client’s needs, expectations and experience.
- Partner with the Client Business and other business partners to develop solutions for our clients, exploring our service capabilities and continually looking for ways to innovate and provide clients with improved and better service outcomes throughout the client lifecycle - i.e. administrative compliance issues such as Post AIJ coordination for non-professional investors.
- Provide an extension of the Client Business and the local, regional and global operational teams to improve the quality of the client experience and engage the operational resources of the firm to meet clients’ needs.
- Identify and handle operational risk effectively, including identification, communication, escalation and remediation of risks to the relevant forums.
- Identify and challenge non-standard/exception-based processes and/or requests, raising accordingly.
- Seek operational improvements wherever possible, to facilitate take-on of additional activities through the commoditization / automation of existing activities.
- Experience in project / initiative implementations, with the required skillset to take on business analysis and test planning.
- Leadership qualities and be a great teammate within the Japan CEM team and cross-support colleagues across APAC CEM locations to deliver best in class client service.
The role will provide opportunities to learn about Client Services, Client Experience Technology and the full operational processes for BlackRock fund business and segregated mandates and the successful candidate can seek further responsibility for daily business oversight in addition to a great teammate role.
Being the central point for all client contact queries and issues, we have daily interactions with departments such as Legal & Compliance, Investment Professionals and Client Business which will allow the team members to gain a wealth of knowledge about the workings of BlackRock, its position in the market, and the wide range of products that we manage.
BlackRock is a firm believer in mobility of high achievers across functional groups as it has been shown to keep the company better connected as we grow.
- Prior experience (minimum 3 years) in Client Service or Coordination focused role/s is essential.
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to quickly form substantial working partnerships.
- Outstanding client service skills, maturity and judgment in dealing directly with clientele or external partners.
- Tertiary education or relevant industry-based qualifications.
- Language ability, both written and verbal, in both Japanese (Native) and English (Fluent).
- Extensive computer skills (Microsoft Office programs) along with comfort in adapting to new applications.
- Prior experience in financial services industry preferred.
- Knowledge of investment reporting or financial investment analysis an advantage.
- Understanding of fund investment operation processes and NAV valuation/administration is a plus.
- Knowledge of offshore/onshore investment structure for Japanese investors (Institutional incl. Pension, Retail, Direct) preferred.
- Experience in project management / initiative implementations preferred (not essential).
- Personable, confident, self-starter/leader and able to develop positive relationships with both external clients and internal partners.
- Passion for client services, and willingness to focus and commit to facilitate client requests.
- Outstanding work ethic and willingness to contribute beyond the scope of one's role to achieve team and firm objectives
- Excellent attention to detail, extremely accurate and well organized
- Strong analytical and Innovative problem-solving capabilities and ability to think and act quickly.
- Ability to utilize factual based data in decision-making process while working under critical deadlines.
- Capacity for working effectively and efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. In other words, Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated, demonstrate genuine interests in financial / client services, an aptitude for problem solving and shows willingness to really commit for clients.
- Organized, well-adapted and methodical approach to work and able to run
time well whilst working in a sometimes pressured environment, with the ability to handle and prioritize work of self and others effectively to consistently meet business goals.
- A proactive team-player who understands that a highly organized team can drive better performance and can take the lead in driving through operational improvements and change.
- An individual, who processes a proactive and ‘can do’ attitude, which can lead self and others with drive, determination and a willingness to learn and innovate.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/D/V.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.