Consultant - Tokyo
• MSCI Analytics consultants are responsible for maintaining and growing existing client relationships for all Analytics and Risk Management products. Consultants are assigned clients within a given sales team territory, and work hand in glove with the sales team to achieve common commercial and client relationship/servicing objectives.
• The consultant pro-actively manages the client relationship and ensures a high level of client experience and satisfaction. The objective is to ensure the client fully benefits from their subscription, which is achieved by developing a high-level understanding of the client needs and creating value as a Trusted Advisor. The consultant ensures the client maximizes the value of the products they have subscribed to and identify additional products that could further benefit the client in their investment and risk management process.
• This role is a highly visible one, with involvement in all aspects of an account including senior level relationship management, product demonstrations, users training and education, and client experience enhancing activities such as presenting at client workshops, seminars, and webinars. In this role, individuals will work very closely with sales, global client service, marketing, research and product management. Scope of Responsibility
Total relationship management involving:
• Improving the year on year retention rate by ensuring a high level of client experience and satisfaction
• Detailed account planning, including engagement with all levels of client organization
• Responsible for delivering client education and product training
• Be a subject matter expert on all aspects of our products and methodologies, and be able to answer detailed client inquiries
• Become a Trusted Advisor by applying both product and client expertise to pro-actively identify solutions/product usage that create value for the client - hence contributing directly to up-selling and cross-selling opportunities
• Provide thought-leadership by sharing best practices within the client community, and leading workshops and seminars
• Keeping abreast of latest industry trends, client needs, and product development roadmap. Working with other teams (Marketing, Sales, Research, and Product Development) to ensure company is delivering relevant products
• Extensive visit to client sites Specific Knowledge/Skills
• • Strong analytic and quantitative skills
• Strong understanding of the global equity, fixed income and credit markets, including over-the-counter securities and derivatives and exotic securities and structured products
• Thorough understanding of the investment industry in Japan, including broker/dealers, asset management companies and pension funds.
• Understanding the Wealth Management industry in Japan and those Processes including portfolio management, asset allocation, risk management is also preferable
• Deep experience dealing with major international financial institutions
• Solid verbal and written communication skills for both Japanese and English
• Time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects
• Ability to work efficiently with diverse cultures on a global team and knowing when to involve appropriate colleagues in projects regardless of functional, geographic, and business lines
• Ability to excel in an environment of ambiguity by quickly adapting behavior and work methods to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities
• A self starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a team
• Someone who enjoys intellectual and analytical challenges
• Experience of leadership role in project management
• Superior communication skill both internally and externally to lead projects
• Familiarity with programming languages such as VBA and Matlab would be a plus Desired Experience
We expect this individual to have more than 5 - 10 years in a similar role (such as risk management, model pricing, quantitative research/trading, risk management, project management) Desired Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree required ideally from engineering/mathematical background. Ideally MBA, or Master's Degree in a quantitative science, i.e. Finance and/or PhD
• Professional qualifications ideally CFA charter holder or CMA
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis. To all recruitment agencies
: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.