Financial Services Industry Consultant
Company & department description
SWIFT provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 10,500 customers in 215 countries and territories.
Our employees are the foundation of this success.
SWIFT has an unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you'll like our office culture, built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance.
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2400 employees of 75 nationalities, in 26 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that we are waiting for you here at SWIFT. Responsibilities
- Define, analyze and evaluate detailed implementation design for the integration and routing aspects of the projects by working in close liaison with customer stakeholders, the AMH solution architect and the AMH development team.
- Create and maintain the project package and installation guide as well as own the process of tracking configuration changes and creating release notes. Be the expert in AMH configuration management and share knowledge within the team and with the bank's IT staff during projects.
- Lead and follow up on daily meetings with the bank during their installation and testing, and track open items using tools such as JIRA (Change Management) and Salesforce.
- Resolve and report on customer/vendor queries and problems of medium to large complexity. Troubleshoot and quickly diagnose less complex problems in accordance with the Service Level Agreement (SLA)/ key performance indicators and propose measures to prevent recurrence.
- Provide support on all technical problems within own area of expertise, through the provision of telephone or online support. Work with the customer/vendor/partners to establish the root cause of problems and provide end-to-end service support, retaining ownership of a case, by resolving it individually or escalating it - in accordance with the SLA.
- Maintain client relationships and build client satisfaction with designated customers by performing regular health checks of their operational environment and providing recommendations for improvement.
- Continuously improve the SWIFT internal tooling for packaging and version control.
- May require shift, after office hours and/or weekend duty and the candidate must be willing to travel.
- A University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years' experience in similar roles with preferably experience in either consultancy within messaging middleware or SWIFT systems, either in operating similar systems while being eager to expand horizons.
Professional knowledge and experience
- Good knowledge of operating (financial) messaging platforms such as SWIFT Alliance Access, SWIFT Alliance Gateway, IBM Websphere or Oracle Fusion
- Fluent in Japanese with good English comprehension; other Asian languages will be an advantage
- Good understanding of Linux, Unix (AIX, Solaris) and Windows, and Java technology.
- Knowledge of protocols and technology standards: network technologies (TCP/IP), XML, database (Oracle, SQL) and security technologies (SSL, certificate management).
- Experience in most of the following:
- Ant, Maven or equivalent build tool.
- JIRA, Saleforce or equivalent issue management tool.
- Confluence or other Wiki style knowledge sharing tool.
- Bitbucket, GIT or other version control system.
- Jenkins, Hudson or other packaging system.
- Experience in working with Amazon EC2 and Docker is an asset.
- Excellent communication, coordination and planning skills.
- Be able to work under pressure at customer location.
- A team player, willing to work in a multicultural environment, seek help when required and provide help when being requested by customer or colleagues.