Senior Technology Manager, Vice President
- Support the daily operations of the SSGA local applications.
- Handle system issues, answering user queries and monitoring local applications to ensure maximum system uptime.
- Liaise with global SSGA Technology on any global applications support issues.
- Prepare for production releases, checkout applications and co-ordinate with users for their testing.
- Build strong relationship with the business users as well as the global technology teams.
- Work with global technology teams to define technology roadmap for SSGA Japan.
- Manage technology vendors, outsourcers and contractors for SSGA projects.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams and charts.
- Design and perform system backup procedures and other recovery processes in accordance with the company's disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Ensure compatibility of EUC macros and vendor applications with Office / Windows upgrades.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews for modified and new systems.
- Provide orientation and guidance to end users for modified and new systems.
Key Skills Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters or other advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of IT manager experience in financial services industry. Solid working knowledge of the Investment Management Industry, its products and regulatory environment preferable.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of systems, applications and related products.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles and general software management best practices.
- Strong technical skills (e.g. VB, VB.NET, VBA, SQL/Stored Procedures)
- Understanding of ETL, architecture of Web systems including API, Web Service, Reporting Service and database systems.
- Experience in working on Syntax, TSTAR / TX, TSTAR / GX is preferable.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Good project management skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Fluent in both Japanese and English, verbal and written