Administrator - Company Secretarial
JOB TITLE: Corporate Secretarial Administrator (Non-Officer)
LOCATION: Luxembourg (Findel)
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion. Department Overview
Our growing multi-cultural team is currently composed of 16 dedicated members, providing an extensive range of services to a large variety of fund and company structures.
As Corporate & Domiciliary Services Department we ensure integrity of the governance framework and are responsible for the efficient administration of our clients' funds and companies. We ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, communicate and implement decisions taken the board of directors and handle communication with various stakeholders. Further we provide all services associated with our duties as Domiciliary Agent for our clients. Main Duties
• Manage the statutory requirements of a portfolio of Luxembourg (and other jurisdictions), listed and unlisted, with supervision
• Manage and mitigate risk, within the day to day activities and escalate as appropriate
• Maintain statutory books and regulatory filings for the assigned portfolio of clients
• Organise, prepare agendas for and attend client board / investor / committee meetings
• Produce minutes, action points and follow up for clients within agreed deadlines
• Review of corporate documentation for the portfolio of clients (articles, agreements, prospectus, financial statements, service level agreements etc.) from a corporate secretarial perspective
• Liaise with internal and external parties as needed (i.e. client, regulators, lawyers, notaries, embassies, client relationship delivery managers, operational teams etc.)
• Attend on-boarding / client service review meetings (as necessary) Qualifications And Skills Required Qualifications:
• University qualification
• Experience in a corporate environment
• Fluent in English - French and/or German advantageous
• Experience of Microsoft Outlook and Office
• Knowledge of Diligent Boardbooks or any other board packaging software would be an advantage Knowledge / Experience:
• Exposure to various types of investment vehicles including, but not limited to, SICARs, SCAs, SICAVs, FCPs and Management Companies
• A basic understanding of the Luxembourg legal environment
• Exposure to client facing situations would be an advantage
• Any experience attending board meetings and taking minutes would be an advantage
• Strong written communication skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and escalate potential risks
• Ability to work in a team and with external parties
• Ability to travel (if needed)
• Interest in developing knowledge and skills About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation; all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.