The HR Assistant is responsible for providing efficient and high quality administration and advisory services to the HR Team and employees. Working in a HR team of 6, the role is administrative as well as client facing. The role focusses on providing general support with the day to day operations of HR functions within the department. This involves independent interactions with internal clients and external companies, thorough administrative follow-up as well as aspects of project management and organisation with regards to implementing trainings, reports and workshops across the company. Main Duties HR Administration
- Assist with generalist support across the entire employee lifecycle
- Ensure all HR records are entered onto the Oracle database and held securely with GDPR guidelines
- Ensure the processing of starters as well as leavers incl. employment contract administration, monitoring absences as well as other HR enquiries.
- Validate extraordinary absence requested by employees through the collection of relevant certificates.
- Prepare of employment contracts, addendums and work certificates.
- Support the HR Department in payroll related matters if needed (sickness reporting, lunch vouchers...).
- Assist the HR team with any ad hoc requests for any of our upcoming projects
- Participate in updating and developing new policies and procedures replace informal practice
- Participate in the development and implementation of relevant HR projects and systems
- Take an active involvement in team meeting
- Co-ordinate HR filing, scanning and carrying out regular archiving in line with document retention policy.
- Prepare the monthly HR Newsletter
- Prepare presentations, reports, check-list on ad-hoc needs
- Deal with other administrative tasks.
Learning & Development
- Process all new starter paperwork including management of background check process (HireRight tool), finalise new joiners checklist by checking the accurate completion of paperwork , preparation of welcome packs and staff file . Greeting new joiners
- Send medical check requests to STM and co-ordinating appointments
- Manage of mid-probation and end probation communications with managers.
- Follow-up with students and universities related to internship contracts, work permits for students or any other questions or issues.
- Administration of leavers, preparing exit paperwork ensuring all relevant documentation is collated and filed,
- Leavers - support in preparation of relevant documents such as certificate of employment, arrangement of exit interview and preparation of relevant pack.
- Create playlist on specific topics on the online L&D system SPARK
- Book training courses, logging training activity in SPARK.
- Run reports on SPARK.
- Organise facilities such as training rooms, materials, refreshments, media, accommodation for visiting trainers etc.
- Ensure any pre-work is completed by participants.
- Organise and prepare induction trainings, including agenda, invitation to presenters and attendees.
- Support global training & development initiatives and projects.
- Actively contribute to the preparation of the INFPC report.
- First experience in a similar position.
- Excellent relationship skills and capacity to manage relations at all levels,
- Ability to work in a team but also independently
- Strong collaboration skills within the local team, across the broader global HR team
- Rigorous and organised and must be able to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively to manage a demanding time schedule.
- Good judgement, enthusiasm and willingness to learn;
- Can-do attitude and self-motivated
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential with either French or German in addition.
- Good Knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience of a global HR database.
- General overview of the work of an HR team and of the Luxembourgish employment law.