Storage management and Distributed Backup Recovery Specialist
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
To maintain, support and troubleshoot these high-end SAN Storage devices in cooperation with the platform or application teams such as a Wintel, Unix, Linux, Power I Series, AIX, Oracle, SQL, Sybase, VMware etc. You will coordinate Storage system hardware and perform software installation and its maintenance and upgrades. Key tasks include keeping the environment maintained in steady-state by planning and managing Storage Capacity requirements & ensure documentation accuracy and up-to-date to enable fast and smooth team performance and to comply with the security and operational standards and procedures.
- Maintains and monitors SAN devices
- Plans, schedules and performs proactive maintenance, including hardware and software upgrades and patch installation
- Performs Storage system tuning including monitoring, troubleshooting and optimizing performance
- Proactively oversees resolution of storage service disruptions and implementation of preventative measures
- Analyses and solves complex problems of SAN Fabric networks (operating) system hardware and software components
- Analyses impact of SAN Fabric network systems and components for the technical infrastructure and communicates the results with the responsible technical specialists in order to reach the appropriate and effective use of the various technologies
- Ensures regular reporting to management regarding performance and service levels of network systems, in order to inform responsible management about major deviations and/or corrective actions
- Participates in projects with other IT departments and/or external vendors
- Experience in managing one or more types of IBM Storage Systems : SVC, DS Storages
- Experience in managing large SAN Fabrics based on Brocade (preferably) switches
- Understanding of HA, D/R, performance, availability, scalability of SANs and IBM Storage Systems
- Experience in managing one or more types of IBM: Appliance / Gateway (VTL)
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written in English
- Analytical problem solving and root cause analysis experience
- Service oriented mindset and ability to work in a fast-changing environment
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Associate's Degree/College Diploma, preferably Degree studies
- 5 years of technical support in SAN devices
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proficient in working with high availability environment along with alignment to process (ITIL)
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
- Validated experience in debugging and analytical skills with solid grasp of system development methodologies, techniques and tool
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.