Systems Administrator - IMI Distributed Systems Support
We build phenomenal products that our customers rely on so it's important they are running at their best. As a Systems Management Specialist, you will work with the latest software to keep moving business forward. Whether it's our Engineering teams that need a test environment or our software running in production, we are seeking skilled systems management professionals ready for the challenge.
Your Role and Responsibilities Functionality as a Service Line
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivering & supporting the Operational activities of the Platform teams on real time/daily basis.
- Assist the Incident Management team & technical Teams using agile methodologies with a mission to provide high quality client experience through quick actions & TAT on incidents.
- Validating severity classification of the problem
- Monitoring, Controlling and Operating complex computer systems, Networks, Applications and/or distributed systems in a multi-vendor environment
- Dispatching of incidents within agreed SLA to technical teams. Record & Route problems to the right stakeholders/appropriate support groups
- Invoking incident management process, as appropriate. Ensure all required procedures are implemented and followed
- Analyzing first level problems for all systems (as per service agreements)
- Provide operational status on a timely basis, as required
- Supporting the Systems Management Processes specific to the client requirement
- Enable/Disable Suppression of the servers based on the metrics provided by the technical Teams
- Take the appropriate, predefined recovery actions for the various operational events
- Creation & Dispatching SR as per business requirement
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 3-5 years of experience in any reporting and analytics function/role with exposure to Enterprise IT.
- Strong communication skills - verbal/written
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Hands on exposure to ServiceNow tool/Netcool Team highly preferred
- Effective collaboration with stakeholders across geographical locations and varied levels.
- Good understanding of ITIL process areas like Service request fulfillment, Incident/Problem/Change & Release Management, Availability & Configuration Management, IT asset management, Basic reporting skills
- Experience in Driving restoration plans
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Preferred Education:
Bachelor's Degree Commissionable: