Windows VMware System Administrator
System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Windows and VMware Server Support. May also be engaged when the Project team for extra resources are required for various rollouts, upgrades and maintenance work. You will need to be able to build/restore across both technologies
Duties and Responsibilities
Server Support personnel reports directly to the Team Leader then to the 1st line Manager
Professional Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide 3rd level support.
- vSphere ESXi 5.x system administration.
- VMware View
• Win 2003, Win 2008 or Win 2012 system administration/end user support
. Be active in the TSM and Active Directory and other server migration.
. Scripting (Powershell)
. Implementing server health checks and audit activities when required as assigned
• Perform upgrades to existing servers.
• Responsible for organising communication of all changes to appropriate parties.
• Provide after-hours support for the Servers for various clients.
• Proactively identify issues within customer networks
• Identify issues that can increase productivity
Organisational Responsibilities and Duties:
• Completion of time recording into Claim on time each week.
• Adherence to IBM change process, no unauthorised changes, timely closure of completed changes
• Adherence to IBM (& customer) security policies (includes clean desk)
• Adherence to IBM Business Conduct Guidelines
• Care of assets assigned to you & their security (you are personally responsible for all IBM assets assigned to you).
• Timely completion of expense claims (WWER) & management of your corporate charge card - if applicable to your role.
• Put updates into problem record in timeframe required
• Completion of RCAs
• Post review & follow up of action items.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Limited knowledge. No experience.
- Limited ability to perform. Has general knowledge only. Very limited experience.
- Can perform with assistance. Has applied knowledge. Has performed with assistance on multiple occasions. Has performed independently in routine situations.
- Has in-depth knowledge and can perform without assistance. Can direct others in performing. Repeated and successful experience.
- Has comprehensive knowledge with ability to make sound judgements. Can give expert advice and lead others to perform. Extensive and comprehensive experience
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- MCSE, (Windows certified)
- VMware (VCP certification)
- Windows Active Directory
- TSM (MSS) Backup and Restore
- Must be customer-orientated while maintaining focus on the overall delivery of service.
- Able to communicate fluently (verbally and written with users, peers and superiors.
- Demonstrate good project management skills.
- Must have experience as a 3rd Level Server Consultant.
- Must have a sound knowledge of operating systems used.
- Must have a sound knowledge of Problem and Change Management methodologies.
- Must have a sound knowledge of IBM Hardware
- Perform recovery of servers
- Citrix presentation Server (including Web interface, RM and IM) - Level 3 Minimum.
- Understanding of networking and firewall concepts
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Preferred Education:
Bachelor's Degree Commissionable: