APAC Pricing Business Partner
Purpose of Role
This is a high impact, commercial finance role reporting to the Pricing Director for Asia Pacific and working across the matrix with senior stakeholders across the North Asia business. The role requires a highly commercial individual with a strong track record in pricing and will be able to influence increase in value (revenue and margin) through strategic pricing initiatives and management. This role would provide support to various business segments predominantly through pricing support to local finance team on client bids. What we are looking for in the candidate
This role would suit candidates looking for a commercially focused people in a complex, highly challenging and fast paced environment. We are looking for a talented, high potential finance person who will provide specialist pricing insight to the APAC business by providing creative pricing solutions and strategies that will support business objectives and drive in year and long term incremental revenue growth.
Enhance and maintain
- Provide pricing and commercial support and advice to local account management, finance teams, and local leadership on sales activity & specific client pricing strategies; to optimise and influence revenue growth and margin goals
- Work with Finance teams to build strong financial analysis and benchmarking to position pricing proposals that align with strategic clients.
Direct support of Strategic Accounts:
- Standard pricing models (and bespoke when necessary) to offer competitive pricing based on acceptable discounting and impact.
- Bid review templates for internal stakeholder management and approvals.
- Training and communication materials for local sales teams and finance teams, to enhance skills in pricing & commercial constructs
- Pricing procedures to ensure compliance to the pricing strategy and business processes.
- Work closely with the global pricing team to understand the global pricing models and trends to ensure APAC can leverage pricing intelligence within the region.
- Collaborate with the Product Marketing team to contribute to new product development and to devise and implement pricing frameworks and price books.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with Segmental Leadership teams to review pricing strategy and guide decision making over future strategic direction.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Recommend and influence client specific pricing strategies
- Collaborate with Legal team to work through complex contract negotiations
- Provide operational and analytical support to our Sales teams with a focus on
- Tracking negotiations, implementation of the pricing strategy, sales collaboration and pricing metrics.
- Lead internal communication on all bid pricing, ensuring cross-BU bids pricing is managed efficiently and consistently.
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience in a similar pricing role within a matrix structure
- Strong commercial understanding of varied business models and broader business principles, including strategy
- Ability to delivery simple messaging on complex commercial options
- Financial leadership of varied projects to support improvements in major bid development and commercial modelling using standard tools
- Ability to influence senior leadership and confidence in decision making
- Balancing multiple complex projects and bids, while running day to day priorities
- Analytical and pricing skills
- Ability to synthesize marketing and pricing information to draw insights and actionable recommendations
- Strong quantitative skills with a portion of his or her background in financial or economic analysis
- Highly developed analytical skills with demonstrated ability to conceptualize issues, synthesize data to provide strategic direction and execution
- Detailed knowledge of pricing policies and practices
- Experienced with designing and implementing research and analysis of product pricing
- Experience in previous commercial, procurement, product management or finance roles
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to operate comfortably, and influence stakeholder negotiation