About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- To manage the operations of the International Trade Services Department ensuring consistent delivery of high quality services to customers and meeting objectives set by the Group using available resources allocated while maintaining operational risk to an accepted level.
Skill & Experience:
- Ensure consistent delivery of high quality services to customers through meeting or exceeding customer expectation guided by the Service Level Agreement, efficiency/accuracy standards and good business processes/ judgement.
- Assist the Senior Manager in managing the cost budget allocated to the team by ensuring optimum utilization of available resources, implementation of creative cost-reduction solutions and minimizing wastage.
- Manage the operational risk of the team to avoid operational/ reputational losses and ensure awareness and full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/ Group.
- Ensure that all staff in the team continues to be equipped and developed with the necessary knowledge, skills and tools to achieve the required level of competency to facilitate them to perform their roles and responsibilities effectively, efficiently and accurately.
- Assist in building a performance-driven organization by constantly reviewing the team's and individual performance against set objectives and providing the appropriate support, motivation and guidance to staff to achieve these objectives.
- Support the roll-out of appropriate quality management systems in the team to measure the qualitative performance of the team/individuals, facilitate improvement initiatives and help cultivate a "Service Excellence" culture among the team members.
- Establish and maintain close working relationship with appropriate persons in the Spoke countries, Group offices and within the Company itself to facilitate an open and direct communication of issues, needs, queries, etc. such that these may be responded to in an efficient, prompt and professional manner.
- Ensure due care and diligence is exercised by individual and team members on day to day operational matters relating to Money Laundering and KYC, acquiring relevant knowledge and training; thus, providing support to superiors and subordinates.
- Key Control Standards Assessment within department with nil over dues.
- Follow up on corrective/ preventive actions to a point where concerns arising from these findings are addressed to a satisfactory level.
- Ensure full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/Group.
- Comply with Group/ Local Sanctions Policy and Procedures
- Comply with Group Money Laundering Prevention Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable and reporting all suspicious transactions including transactions having Red-Flag alerts to AML approvers.
- To promote the culture and practice of compliance within the letter and spirit of regulatory requirements and ethical standards in the conduct of business.
- To have good judgment and an inquisitive approach to practices and procedures on AML. To have personal authority and integrity, independence and resilience while handling such transactions.
- Wherever complexity exists in the transaction, conduct review to ascertain whether the transaction has any
- Money Laundering aspects and escalate to AML advisors.
- Experience in Trade Finance Department.
- Knowledge of core banking, products and operations with a good knowledge of Trade Finance Products.
- Well developed communication & analytical skills, ability to handle high priority issues on product delivery and strong interpersonal skills.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.